Piss poor childhood SW photos- help identifying a poster pls

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I found these old photos the other day, can anyone help me identify the poster please?

It had been printed with my name and says 'Awarded Citation for Valour'.

I'm not sure if it was a genuine SW poster or a bootleg. The photo doesn't show the top of the poster, but look at the Y wing type ships at the bottom.

No that isn't me in the photo and yes that is a Thomson Twins poster!
My friend is busting out some break dance moves and is stood in front of some ROJ stickers which i think are from the fan club - which made me think perhaps the poster was from the fan club.

fbfdaae1-3782-421a-9622-5e4149f7b37d_zpsbxw33yht.jpg

Here is a lovely one of my childhood bedroom - ROJ days - Greedo seems to be rocking Yodas jacket!

sw%20childhood%20bedroom%20Scan_zpsxshi9olh.jpg

Very blurry photo showing that i'd already lost Uganaughts cape many years ago

sw%20close%20up%20ch%20Scan_zps2gehz9nc.jpg

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
The stickers aren't fan club. You could get them easily in the UK. Most came in multipacks. They were also free in ROTJ comic.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Thanks on the sticker front, any ideas on the poster?

Grant_C said:
The stickers aren't fan club. You could get them easily in the UK. Most came in multipacks. They were also free in ROTJ comic.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Great pics Paul 8)

stickers look similar to these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Vintage-Embossed-Stickers-1983-Fun-Products-/231504737351?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e6c1f447

Drawing a blank on the poster though :?

There's a guy called Matt (monkeyroo) and he usually comes up trumps with info on posters.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Certainly not SW but I think it might be a Look-In poster. It has the same style as one of the artists who did the covers and other illustrations.

Looks like it could be Space 1999 or another Gerry Anderson style show.

Have no idea how you got your name on it though.

x-pack

Grand Master
I think it is The Thompson Twins Smash Hits pull out ...and your friend is clearly doing 'Walk Like An Egyptian' :lol:

It's a cool photo but I can't work out why you had a kitchen in your bedroom!

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Oh shame, if it isn't SW then i'm not that bothered about tracking another down.
It had my name printed on it in full in a space for that very purpose

Thanks

SublevelStudios said:
Certainly not SW but I think it might be a Look-In poster. It has the same style as one of the artists who did the covers and other illustrations.

Looks like it could be Space 1999 or another Gerry Anderson style show.

Have no idea how you got your name on it though.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Yeah it does look like kitchen units, but i can assure you it was actually a bedroom.

I think they were in the house when we bought it?

They were great for storing all my Star Wars stuff in though, im sure those units are the reason i've still got a lot of my childhood sw stuff to this very day.

x-pack said:
I think it is The Thompson Twins Smash Hits pull out ...and your friend is clearly doing 'Walk Like An Egyptian' :lol:

It's a cool photo but I can't work out why you had a kitchen in your bedroom!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
paulcalf said:
My friend is busting out some break dance moves

break dancing - he's doing "I'm a little tea pot" :D
Love the band on top of your record player 8)

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Yeah i had recreated the jabba palace scene with my figures, wish i was allowed star wars figures in my bedroom nowadays!

It does look more like he is doing 'I'm a little teapot' than breakdancing, but it was definitely meant to be breakdancing. I remember going to see breakdance with loads of mates, we were all breaking and popping in front of the screen before the film started. We were ****, it must have been hilarious for anyone watching.

db94 said:
paulcalf said:
My friend is busting out some break dance moves

break dancing - he's doing "I'm a little tea pot" :D
Love the band on top of your record player 8)

plantman

Sith Lord
must be great to have old photos like these, i think i must have been an ugly child lol, i have no xmas/toy snaps at all.

Section 8

Sith Lord
I can't tell you about the SW poster or stickers, but you do have some Football 84 panini stickers on your fridge. The goal keeper may be Perry Suckling and looks like a couple of Motherwell players too. :D

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Mate,

Poor photo or not, they are pure gold!! What i would give for one photo of me with SW toys as a kid-or even opening a figure or toy.

No idea about the poster, but the photos are great!

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Yeah Perry Suckling was Coventry City's keep when i was a kid!

No idea why there are MOtherwell players on the sink unit (it isn't a fridge, it was my bedroom)

I'm glad to have those few childhood photos, but that isn't me in them.

I might ask my uncle to have a look through his photos, hopefully there will be some with me at my grandparents at christmas opening Star Was goodies

Section 8 said:
I can't tell you about the SW poster or stickers, but you do have some Football 84 panini stickers on your fridge. The goal keeper may be Perry Suckling and looks like a couple of Motherwell players too. :D

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I bought these stickers the other day - recreating my childhood bit by bit!

Now i need to try and work out what the other stickers on the green background are and then buy those as well!

I can see I still need Darth, C3PO, R2D2, Gam Guard.

Camera glare and my mates bloody head being in the way are stopping me see the rest.

Any ideas on the others?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom