Lu Lu Berlu - Paris

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
As ever, this place may have been the subject of a thread before and I couldn't see it, so thought I'd share.

This weekend I was in Paris; running the marathon there and had been told of a shop I needed to see... seeing is believing after all and the myth and over hype, I had had whispered in my direction, it certainly had me both curious and sceptical that it really existed. Lu Lu Berlu, I was told was a Mecca of 1980's toys (as well as few less vintage items), but what I found was even more than I had expected!

Below are just a few images of just a handful of the 20-30 huge cabinets full to the brim of vintage goodness:

They have some He-Man
IMG_3133_zpsjw3oarvu.jpg

They have some MASK, some Starcom and a good show of Action Force (sadly not much in this shot)
IMG_3132_zpscpjdznsp.jpg

ZOIDS!
IMG_3134_zpstslowy8m.jpg

MOTU
IMG_3131_zps42mb4oxn.jpg

... and of course... some Vintage Star Wars
IMG_3129_zpslsae5ril.jpg

With some very nice (what I was told were first print run?) French ROTJ logo MOCs
IMG_3130_zpsvpvjuh1a.jpg

IMG_3135_zpsvkruokmb.jpg

Best of all the guys running the store (for the last 20 years) were great to spend an hour with, chatting and exchanging stories of how they started out and built the business, what they have collected over time themselves, what their current focus is/are. They paid great attention to the photos on my phone of my collection and what I had and what I was looking for. They even dug around in the store room to find a couple of the erasers I was looking for to make my set of six characters... just Luke to go...

I picked up a couple of items at OK prices, which I'll pop in the LA thread and as I was leaving the owner handed me a Stephane Faucourt cardboard print that was a promo from SW Celebration 2007 as a gift!

Prices are not a bargain, but I was happy with what I paid and they do have a few choice items and well worth a visit if you are ever in Paris :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
:shock: Love those MOC's, worth going to Paris just to see that shop.

Love the He-Man stuff as well.

I have a friend who ran that Marathon this year.

Thanks for shareing. :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Wow, ZOIDS! Really would love to start collecting those.

What time did you do in the Marathon Steve?

Not a great run for me, 4hrs 9mins, but I can't be unhappy, it was a flying visit, I was knackered and had only done Rome 3 weeks earlier...

On the Zoids front they had a MIB Zoidzilla too, totally untouched and never even opened... OMG!!! :shock: :shock:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Not a great run for me, 4hrs 9mins, but I can't be unhappy, it was a flying visit, I was knackered and had only done Rome 3 weeks earlier...

On the Zoids front they had a MIB Zoidzilla too, totally untouched and never even opened... OMG!!! :shock: :shock:

Respectable time mate!

How much was the Zoidzilla?!?!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Looks fantastic and some great pics 8)

Wish I had taken more, there were racks of MOTU and GI Joes, cabinets full of Action Man, Battle of The Planets and Rock Lords as well as girls 80s toys too such as Poppels, Care Bears and Rainbow-bright.
Loads of Snoopy and Surfs as well as Baba Papa, Magic Roundabout and TinTin.

A truly amazing sight that quite frankly was more impressive than the Eiffel Tower! :eek:

Joe

Grand Master
Always wanted to visit, hope to get the chance someday! Great pictures thanks for sharing :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
SAVORY100 said:

Respectable time mate!

How much was the Zoidzilla?!?!

Thanks, I know it wasn't a bad time at all, I just felt I could and should have done better.

Zoidzilla was just under €500 from memory, so that's about c£360 , its a lot of wedge, but it was literally box fresh...

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
I've bought 2 things off their website about 6 years ago. Great service and fast dispatch.

They are more renowned for vintage MOTU than vintage Star Wars. IMO their best stuff is Barbarossa art customs made exclusively for them - the vintage style MOTU Barabarossa customs are awesome, these are costly but very few are made of anyone character and are therefore rare. When any re-surface on Ebay they tend to go for 2, 3 or even 4 times the price originally paid for.

ollie

Padawan
An amazing place for sure but sadly not immune from repro stuff.

They'll sell you a lose cloth Cape Jawa or one with a repro vinyl Cape for twice the price. Sure they disclose that it's a repro but still......

http://www.lulu-berlu.com/dhtml/resultat_recherche.php?keywords=Jawa&ok=Ok

Jez

Sith Lord
I've had my eye on their Luke Meccano for 6 months. Rare but at that price it's not shifted in nearly 18 months. Some great stuff there.
Thanks and congrats on the run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom