Kids and Star Wars-TFA

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Well, having watched the trailer for the 5th time i now have to admit i did get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. I think its the music that does it for me, plus Vaders helmet, Lukes saber and Chewie/Han.

My 7 year old boy is off school today and phoned me to say he had just watched the new trailer with Mummy and that he cant wait. The excitement in his voice said it all to me, and it made me watch the trailer again-which made me think of my lad, and myself back in the day. This finally made me realise that nothing can take away what i went through back in the day, and that my kid deserves the same. My dad was never a cinema goer, and my mum took me to them. So ive decided that however sceptical i am, i want my kid to experience what i did.

Its not my cup of tea at the moment, but man-after hearing my lad on the phone and watching it again, it puts it into perspective. As many before said, we cherish the OT because of our memories and innocence as kids, and no one should take that experience away from kids of nowadays....its the way it sjould be.

There, i admitted it:):):)

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
I got the teary eye feeling as i watched it live last night and now you're getting me at it with your post.
I'm sure your son will enjoy it nearly as much as you :lol: ,Dave.

walkie

Sith Lord
My 3 1/2 yr old son had the new trailer on repeat this morning...fantastic!!!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
My son who's nearly 6 is Star Wars mad like is dad and we're both as equally excited to see the film this Christmas.

Wonder if the toys will be hitting the stores before or after the premiere with it being so near Christmas?

Mr. Bob A. Feet

Jedi Knight
Richard_H said:
Ive failed as a parent. My son has seen all the SW movies (12 years old) and after seeing Vader's helmet he asked if Vader died. :cry:

Well in one way but in another plane of existence it sometimes makes you wish he died a bit more and it's better too forget!

Attachments

• Anakin_Skywalker's_Ghost.jpg
    Anakin_Skywalker's_Ghost.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 591

Mr. Bob A. Feet

Jedi Knight
tundra9 said:
Toys are coming in june, according to mr. Sansweet

I heard September but if so damn that's early but oh well let's hope for some quality! I'm looking forward to the Battlefront trailer later! :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
Ive failed as a parent. My son has seen all the SW movies (12 years old) and after seeing Vader's helmet he asked if Vader died. :cry:

Well having got her to watch the trailer yesterday, my girlfriend (who does like sci-fi) was shocked to discover Vader had died in the Star Wars movies.

Still doesn't believe me after I explained it to her

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:

I feel for you. I texted my son in work with the trailer url, he got home and when I asked him he said he hadn't watched it. Next morning, same question, same answer.

Disappointed :lol:

Doesn't stop me being stoked about it though :D

.Q.

Jedi Master
My 4 year old daughter has an Ewok village and a little set of figures that we add to every now and then... I asked her who she would look for next and she said Anakin. Bit confused I showed her Hayden Christensen, she said no.... showed her Sebastian Shaw she said yes, him! :D

I have succeeded as a parent. 8) :wink:

We watched the trailer together 3-4 times in a row, I was 5 when New Hope was released, will be likewise for my little girl when E7 lands... much anticipation all round here!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
We watched the live stream from celebration and my 8-year old was running around in circles when R2 & BB-8 appeared on stage. My 6-year old just sat rocking and staring intently! :lol: I was just as bad!

x-pack

Grand Master
Mr. Bob A. Feet said:
tundra9 said:
Toys are coming in june, according to mr. Sansweet

I heard September but if so damn that's early but oh well let's hope for some quality! I'm looking forward to the Battlefront trailer later! :D

You know what we should all do? When the toys come out go and buy everything we can. Be worth a fortune in the future!....
:lol:

Mr. Bob A. Feet

Jedi Knight
x-pack said:
You know what we should all do? When the toys come out go and buy everything we can. Be worth a fortune in the future!....
:lol:

Depends though I can actually see this franchise being a big hit and well another generation hooked but A there will be tons and B I don't think I'll be around long enough to cash in!

Still I'm looking forward to seeing the line and will no doubt pick up a few items! ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom