Non Last 17 POTF Figure Coo's

Tworiverz

Youngling
Guys, I have been a long time lurker in the background but have poked my head up to see if anyone can help.

Ive been collecting vintage figures for a very long time now and have finally decided to grade the best of my loose collection.
I also have a good selection of POTF coins and was planning to get the coins graded with the correct figures, now all the last 17 are easy enough to match to the correct Coo but can anyone help with the list below.
I would really appreciate any help on the correct Coo for each of the Figures below mounted on POTF card

I apologies if this is not the correct area to post but was't sure between this or the Reference section

Thanks In Advance

Chewbacca
C3PO Rem Limbs
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper
Ben Kenobi
Jawa
Luke X Wing Pilot
Yoda
AT AT Driver
Gamorrean Guard
Biler Scout
Nikto
Wicket
Teebo
ATST Pilot

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Are your figures the original ones that came packed with your coins and have you still got there cards? I suspect in most cases there's several factories producing each character for the huge U.S. Market during POTF era

Any one know how many different factory codes there is for POTF cards or card COO's

Is there HT, HN, HG, TJ, ME and China like there is for the Kenner ROTJ?

Tworiverz

Youngling
Hi snaggletooth, no the figures are not from original POTF cards, they are all loose figure and coins purchased separately over a number of years
I do have a large collection of Cardbacks but never actually realised there where codes that designated the factory , is there a thread that relates to them ?

Ponchobelt, you have no idea mate LOL, I''m trying to get one of each character in every coo variant 85 graded
I already have a good 50℅ collected and ready to get graded

Big task to say the least

Thanks for the response guys

aussiejames

Sith Lord
snaggletooth said:
Are your figures the original ones that came packed with your coins and have you still got there cards? I suspect in most cases there's several factories producing each character for the huge U.S. Market during POTF era

Any one know how many different factory codes there is for POTF cards or card COO's

Is there HT, HN, HG, TJ, ME and China like there is for the Kenner ROTJ?

POTF- have HN perforated punch, big 'droids' punch HN, HG smooth punch (both Imps. MIHK sticker edit covering China), blank Mexican, HT- non last 17?,
& more?

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Tworiverz said:
I''m trying to get one of each character in every coo variant 85 graded
I already have a good 50℅ collected and ready to get graded

Big task to say the least

That's a huge task! I expect you have seen Wollfs collection he has done something similar but his are loose not graded. I think by only accepting 85 graded figures you run the risk of making what should be a pleasurable hobby possibly quite frustrating. On many occasions you might find yourself acquiring a rare COO figure that you think looks great, but then it comes back with an 80 grade and you end up feeling annoyed rather than happy. You're obviously a really experienced collector and will have seen and handled hundreds of figures - why not just buy acrylic cases and assign a grade to them yourself?

Also what you are planning to build up would be a really useful reference source for other collectors, and if you did have plans to share that knowledge then it would be hard to photograph the figures COO stamps once they're sealed away.

Good luck with it, and would love to see a pic of your collection so far if you have one?

Tworiverz

Youngling
Hi Bonsai_Tree_Ent , I haven't actually seen wollfs collection , sound like I need to take a gander
I agree with all you are saying, its gonna be a nightmare, and yes it probably would be easier to just buy acrylic cases but where's the challenge of that :)
This is going to be an investment for later years and to preserve them for future star wars generations
I am not planning on every single minute coo variant just the main country origins which will make it a little easier H.k , Hong Kong, Taiwan , Macau, No coo, Made In ect
Though I think that as I go along there will be cases where I have to accept less than 85s simply because its too difficult to get one but cos I have an 80 doesn't mean I can't keep looking Right LOL

In regards to reference material what would people be looking for, just the coo Leg stamp or other features ?
I'm open to photograph figures before I send them off to be graded if it helps

Well this is what I have so far
I think I'm at around 50 at the mo with a No Coo Leia 77 and a No Coo Teebo on the way

This is wahts waiting for grading

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
If you were going for every COO you would end up with a collection that looks a bit like this, for each figure:
vader021.jpg

But if you aren't bothered about minor COO variations it should be easier... (still good luck finding a Ledy Bib Fortuna in 85 condition). Wolffs website here is a good place to start researching COOs: http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/introduction-coos/

Tworiverz

Youngling
Regular, sith , thanks for the info.
Regular Glad I'm not collecting one of every coo variant , I'd have nowhere to sit or sleep......
Though that Vader group is one awsome sight, and love that background case

Cheers Guys

Tworiverz

Youngling
Guys thought I would update this post as I've been watching ebay for the last few months for U grade POTF figure/Coins.
I know alot here will damb me to hell for mentioning the dreaded U word but it has proved useful
The list below are confirmed figure coos that have U graded off the card, I'm sure that there will probably be variations of Coo on the POTF cards so I am still watching for them

Hope this helps someone

Chewbacca No Coo
Darth Vader Hong Kong Coo
Ben Kenobi No Coo
Jawa Smooth Cape No Coo
Luke X-Wing China Coo
Gamorrean Guard Hong Kong Coo
Biker Scout Hong Kong Coo
Nikto No Coo
Leia Endor No Coo
Wicket No Coo
The Emperor No Coo
B-Wing Pilot No Coo
Teebo No Coo
Lumat No Coo
Paploo No Coo
Luke Battle Poncho No Coo
R2D2 Pop Up Saber No Coo
Romba No Coo
Amanaman No Coo
Barada No Coo
Imperial Gunner No Coo
Han In carbonite No Coo
Luke Stormtrooper No Coo
Anakin Skywalker No Coo
EV9D9 No Coo
Warok No Coo
Lando General No Coo
A Wing Pilot No Coo
Yak Face No Coo
Imperail Dignitary No Coo

jt1969

Padawan
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
If you were going for every COO you would end up with a collection that looks a bit like this, for each figure:
vader021.jpg

But if you aren't bothered about minor COO variations it should be easier... (still good luck finding a Ledy Bib Fortuna in 85 condition). Wolffs website here is a good place to start researching COOs: http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/introduction-coos/

whos collection of vader COOs is this?????

I would like to chat with them. Thanks!

Rollhol

Padawan
Tworiverz said:
Guys thought I would update this post as I've been watching ebay for the last few months for U grade POTF figure/Coins.
I know alot here will damb me to hell for mentioning the dreaded U word but it has proved useful
The list below are confirmed figure coos that have U graded off the card, I'm sure that there will probably be variations of Coo on the POTF cards so I am still watching for them

Hope this helps someone
This helped a lot. Thank you mate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom