Header image

Luke Stormtrooper Blaster - I See Blue Blasters...

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
phreatobite
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Luke Stormtrooper Blaster - I See Blue Blasters...

Postby phreatobite » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:40 pm

A mini-rant but it is becoming increasing frustrating trying to find a loose Luke stormie (on EvilBay) with the correct blaster. Nearly every listing I see has the wrong one but they still keep going upwards of £100!

I know they're hard-ish to spot but it's supposed to be 1-c mould with thin stock and a rounded barrel end - why are so many sellers not checking or colour blind or just trying to deceive :evil:

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Re: Luke Stormtrooper Blaster - I See Blue Blasters...

Postby edd_jedi » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm pretty sure I have recently seen MOC evidence on eBay that Luke Stormtrooper can in fact come with a blue blaster as well. Maybe somebody else can confirm?

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:56 pm

I can't confirm that but have to say some collectors aren't always that bothered, place filler and all that. I personally don't mind to much as long as it's the correct gun. I have still got my Tie Fighter Pilot from childehood, came on Tri-logo card with grey blaster and if you look on certain card backs he's holding a grey blaster. I gues it depends on how fussy the individual is, I mean their is know way of proving Luke Stormtrooper was only packaged with a black blaster as he probably wasn't and it's a matter of opinion whether certain colours are wrong or right. Just my opinion though. :?
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:58 pm

I believe it is thought the "correct" blaster was what came with the potf figure, however the trilogo luke stormy could come with blue black blasters, in true trilogo shove whatever comes to hand into the blister.

Nick iow posted up pictures of both in an old thread, and both had differing blasters.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Postby itfciain » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:05 pm

I have two Trilogo Luke's in at the moment (mine and a friends) and both have Blue/Black ones - there was a thread on FB with a picture of a POTF Luke with a Blue/Black Blaster but it turned out that it had been resealed

It seems to be pretty common to sell them with the Blue/Black ones - and a lot of people don't mind - but it is wrong to class it as an 'original black blaster' if it isn't
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Black Imperial blaster with the Luke stormy. It must have been meant to come with a black one because it's the only figure that does isn't it? Not surprised they're tricky to come by or that people pair them with the wrong one and fakes. Like Adam said I would put a blue/black one with a figure if you can't score a complete one or... splash out on a graded one then crack it open!

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Robstyley wrote:Black Imperial blaster with the Luke stormy. It must have been meant to come with a black one because it's the only figure that does isn't it? Not surprised they're tricky to come by or that people pair them with the wrong one and fakes. Like Adam said I would put a blue/black one with a figure if you can't score a complete one or... splash out on a graded one then crack it open!

I think the droids line is full of them.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

Stormtrooper37
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stormtrooper37 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:29 pm

If it is a Trilogo MOC (including graded MOC's) then I don't mind as long as it is the correct blaster.

Loose I'd want the solid black Imperial Blaster.
I hunt down
Trilogo's, La Guerre des Etoiles, L' Empire Contre-Attaque, Guerre Stellari

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:
Robstyley wrote:Black Imperial blaster with the Luke stormy. It must have been meant to come with a black one because it's the only figure that does isn't it? Not surprised they're tricky to come by or that people pair them with the wrong one and fakes. Like Adam said I would put a blue/black one with a figure if you can't score a complete one or... splash out on a graded one then crack it open!

I think the droids line is full of them.

Oh really? Didn't know that, cheers

itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Postby itfciain » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Thall Joben and *Edit* Kez Iban were packed with Black Blasters as well - I believe that they are a slightly different mold variation - AJ will be able to confirm this
Last edited by itfciain on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

phreatobite
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby phreatobite » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Kez Iban too, and I believe the Droids Boba Fett had solid black blasters.

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby aussiejames » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:46 am

Thall Joben & Kez Iban have the same rounded barrel, triangle side magazine etc. V1

I didn't see clear pictures from Nick to show otherwise. Any tri logo pictures of non black V1 blasters with Luke Stormtrooper I consider 'mistakes' just like a Yak with a gaffi stick...

edit: same goes for sellers claiming non black endor blasters go with Imperial Gunner & A-wing pilot because they had 'dozens' in MOC form. I keep asking for pictures :?:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:46 am

I have only seen the luke stormie with a black blaster if any of you have a moc with good pictures of the blaster or a moc with a different weapon then please and add it
to the luke stormie guide :wink:

See the link

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24209

walkie
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby walkie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:37 am

A good rule of thumb is ignore anything packed in a trilogo card when it comes to accessories.

As for black blasters, I can't say this enough.... shop around and you'll pick up a complete droids kez/thall figure with one of these weapons for less then a correctly advertised "black" blaster.

Whilst I'm on the subject...

It always amazes me when people pay big bucks for LL Jawa Blasters, just buy a complete LL Nein Numb with the same gun, sellers can't give that figure away!!
Wanted: Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Meccano, Canadian Instruction Sheets, $$$ waiting!!

Visit My Vintage Paperwork Limelight Click Me!
The Glasslite Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me! & The Droids Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me!

phreatobite
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby phreatobite » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Good advice!

Looking through my blasters I have what looks like a solid black V6, which might be a Ledy. It is definitely black-black but has a square magazine with rounded corners and square barrel-end. :?

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”