Bounty Hunter Capture Tokens - ever seen these cut out?

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
It just occurred to me that with all the Palitoy boxed ships and playsets that I've personally seen and handled, which is in the hundreds, that I don't think I've ever seen a box which has had the Bounty Hunter tokens cut out!

POP removed on Kenner items seems fairly common, were us Brits not to bothered by the Palitoy offer or did we tend to bin the box after cutting out the offer?

If anyone owns a box with the missing token strip, now's the time to show it!

palitoy_snowspeeder_close.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
Very good question - I'd guess that the box would have been ruined and binned.

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
If memory serves, the bounty hunter capture log and comic adverts only told you to cut out and send nameplates, I don't recall any offer that asked you to cut out the Fett symbols. Maybe both were acceptable and Palitoy failed to make that clear.

I remember when the symbols first appeared on the boxes, I always assumed it was a funky design touch and never thought they were part of any offer.

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
My Palitoy Dagobah playset has the tokens cut out. Doesn't affect the display of the box though. I'll post a pic later

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Whilst not a Star Wars piece, I have a Palitoy boxed Action Man ROM Space Knight which is almost immaculate save for the POP's all cut out along one side.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Palitoy decided not to make use of the multiple bounty hunter symbols they printed on boxed vehicles and playsets and
single bounty hunter symbol on the back of the 45a cardback but as mentioned already, and just went for nameplates in
the end.

This could be due to a number of factors. They may have put too many on the boxes or the majority of carded figures
were pre 45a and without the symbol so they thought it would be fairer just to use nameplates.

They had the same setup with action man and the stars as mentioned already, and I remember cutting my tank and
gun playset boxes up to get enough stars for a free action man. The cut boxes then went in the bin.

As it is, their decision to use just nameplates has saved many more boxed vehicles/playsets. There are much fewer in the action man line. In turn, this has reduced the activities of Orme and co and the need for repro boxes, as bad as that seems anyway.

On the cardbacks, whether the nameplate is cut out or the the bountry hunter symbol is removed, makes little difference on the 45a cardback. We do see many more pre 45a cards with name tags cut out though.

Overall, I think Palitoy using nameplates has preserved more of the packaging than if the bounty hunter offer symbols had been used.

:)

Jason

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Are you sure they only used the nameplates?

In this thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1034334/ Dave Tree mentions "During this period, the nameplates were still cut out (playing on the idea of 'capturing' that figure) and along with the Bounty Hunter motif on vehicles and playsets, were exchanged for goods."

This would appear to make sense as on the small mini rigs you only get two tokens but on the bigger toys you get increasingly more.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Are you sure they only used the nameplates?

In this thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1034334/ Dave Tree mentions "During this period, the nameplates were still cut out (playing on the idea of 'capturing' that figure) and along with the Bounty Hunter motif on vehicles and playsets, were exchanged for goods."

This would appear to make sense as on the small mini rigs you only get two tokens but on the bigger toys you get increasingly more.

If it happens, it's pretty rare, as we don't see boxes with the tokens cut out.

Jason

spoons

Grand Master
The action man boxes are generally much thicker than the SW boxes and removal of the stars doesn't effect the box integrity.

You see loads with stars removed that hold their shape well.

No idea whether the boba heads were sent in or not, but if they were it is odd that you don't see dagobah boxes or the other sturdier boxes with them removed

walkie

Sith Lord
I have fond memories of collecting action man stars, if I remember correctly the log book was red and white, with a square matrix you filled in. Size wise it was similar to the sw bounty hunter one.

spoons

Grand Master
walkie said:
I have fond memories of collecting action man stars, if I remember correctly the log book was red and white, with a square matrix you filled in. Size wise it was similar to the sw bounty hunter one.

I've got one but there were a few different types. I'll get a photo of the inside when I can

Soldier1_zpsce7e0102.jpg

ZippyNL

Padawan
Wow I'd forgotten about that Action Man leaflet. As I recall I never had enough stars for anything :-(

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
20150430_220103_zpsc6uvzsgu.jpg

Pic of my Palitoy Dagobah playset with the tokens cut out! Some kids did cut them out out and send them off!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom