stupid best offers

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i have a few items listed on ebay at the moment that are over Ã'£100, and one of the min particular has attracted a large amount of best offers. the annoying thing is, they are all stupid amounts like Ã'£30, Ã'£15 etc (ie a tenth of what i've listed it for.)

i find this really annoying personally, why the hell would i list it for Ã'£110 if i would take Ã'£15 for it? do these people just go round hoping they get lucky? or is it regular practice? :oops:

don't get me wrong i always put in a best offer, usually of around 75% which i consider fair. but anything less is just insulting IMO.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Don't worry about it !! :lol:

I also bid fairly near the asking price and if I really want it that badly I will BIN just to stop somebody else nicking it !! :wink:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
:lol: that's exactly why i'm posting mate, i was thinking maybe i'm a tight arse and it's common paractice to accept a 90% price reduction ;)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I've never listed anything, but I have seen some people place stupid offers. I just always assumed they were either chancing it to see if the seller was desperate or they were just w**kers doing it to anoy people.

They must realise that no one is ever going to sell something for 20% of its list price!

Lets face it EBAY, isn't exactly short of w**kers, now is it!

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Yeah, I would always put an offer in, usually around 80% of the asking price. I want to get a bit of a discount, but always afraid that if I push for too much it will be rejected - I'll probably end up just paying the full whack then anyhow!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
As you only get one chance to make an offer, sometimes I will ask the seller first to see what price they will accept. :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
not everyone's BIN is realistic, if I see a BIN that I think is over the top I'll put in a sensible bid and hope its accepted - it rarely is. Though Ã'£15 for ed's R2 was taking the piss. I'd have given you Ã'£100 for it ed but not until after Christmas :cry:

i hope its gone to a good home

Kneon Light

Padawan
We normally accept any offers that are around 80% of the asking price but are constantly bombarded with stupid offers.

Sold a Palitoy boxed death star a while back but before it sold for Ã'£100 I had 4 offers of less than Ã'£10.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
offering Ã'£30 for something that is worth and listed at over Ã'£100 is just insulting. im sure they genuinlly think you will accept it!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom