Local advertisments?

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
I guess everyone these days turns to ebay as that first and often only port of call for vintage SW collecting. I've tried a few car boots but never had any luck for peices of reasonable quality. Do any of you guys regularly scan the items for sale sections of local papers for SW collections that are being sold?

I was hinking this might be worth trying as surely there must be plenty of by non-pc literate folk who either don't have internet access or just don't trust trading through ebay. Maybe Loot could be worth a try? Or perhaps its a waste of time. Guess you never know what could turn up unexpectedly

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
there certainly are bargains yo be had, i found a boxed at-st in oxfam for Ã'£2.50 about 5 years ago.

but it's all the hours you put in hunting stuff that makes it less worthwhile. it's much easier to look on ebay and pay Ã'£10 for it, than spend hours going round bootsales which are often fruitless.

i also collect records and it's exactly the same - i've found some absolute bargain in 2nd hand shops because they don't know what they're worth, but then again sifting through thousands of dusty records isn't really much fun so i rarely bother :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i was on a job last week talking to a plumber same age as me ,i mentioned star wars and what they are worth and he said he still had all his and transformer stuff in attic
i asked him to let me have a look and see if he wanted to sell any but he said not after i have just told him what they are worth

me and my big mouth

said everything was complete as well even a optimus prime

Jukesy

Sith Lord
There was an advert in the local paper the other day under the memorabillia section offering quite a few star wars items old and new, trust me to be too late!!

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Yeah, I reckon car boots and the like are a bit too labour-intensive. I think I'll start scanning the local papers though. No real hassle and one bargain would make it worthwhile

Bollux

Grand Master
the problem is though Jabba, everyone that says "its all complete too since I was a kid, loads in the loft", is very often looking back through rose tinted glasses, and cant remember the day that they lost Primes hand in the garden or the day when they crashed their xwing into the pond and lost a gun........

I look back and think that mine were all perfect but i am pretty sure that they werent

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Bollux said:
the problem is though Jabba, everyone that says "its all complete too since I was a kid, loads in the loft", is very often looking back through rose tinted glasses, and cant remember the day that they lost Primes hand in the garden or the day when they crashed their xwing into the pond and lost a gun........

I look back and think that mine were all perfect but i am pretty sure that they werent

in our neighbourhood no one was posh enough to have a pond mate ,only fish we saw were sticklebacks

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
A good place to look is antique shops. I have a deal with my local one and if any things come in he just charges me what he paid for them + 10%.
Last year i had a mint complete boxed palitoy atat , complete mint boxed palitoy milenium falcon , mint boxed atst , mint boxed speeder bike , mint boxed ast5, mint boxed palatoy tauntaun, + about 60 minty mint figures. Most were complete and either trilogo or palitoy versions with several last 17 figures.
It only cost me about Ã'£150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It pays to look at places like these.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom