Is it worth purchasing a custom made rocket firing Boba Fett?

Jedi Master 1

Padawan
I know there is a vintage rocket firing Boba Fett, but unless you have seriously deep pockets you'll never get one. I was then thinking, would anyone buy a modified Boba Fett? One that fire's the rocket but it's made from a normal non firing Boba Fett. I've seen a few on Ebay and they look quite good imho, I normally disagree with any fake's/repro's.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I'm not into repro stuff as a rule, but must admit I have a small collection of RF fetts, Mark Poon is the guy behind most of the ones you see on ebay J/L slots both available in painted & unpainted & even one of blue transparent plastic, you do sometimes see home made ones on there as well.

What with it being an unproduced item as far as the production run is concerned & me never likely to have as you say deep enough pockets for the real deal I was happy to buy those made by Mr Poon.

Not like the stormtroopers now available which even have the correct vintage coo's :x

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I acquired one as part of a cheap job lot, at the time thought it might even be real and started a thread on RS about it. I just found the thread - cant believe it was three years ago, time flies! An amusing thread actually, with an appearance and subsequent great put down of 'Kenner Babe'.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1079128/

I have kept the Rocket Fett actually and am pleased to own it as part of my custom collection.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I was thinking the same and decided to get one.

Iain got mine for me and i've got it displayed next to a card back with the rocket fett advert, it looks good

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Hasbro released a rocket fett a couple of years ago on a vintage style card. Different firing mechanism to the original but it's pretty cool to have as a moc

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
My mate down the road had one in the 1980s. definitely 100% no word of a lie got it by applying for the mail away. And his older brother had one as well. ;)

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
I own a few of these in different packaging etc,
I'll never own a proper one unless my euro millions come in :mrgreen:

poncho

Grand Master
i owned 2 the j and l slot i liked the cardboard box they came in it added character.

ive since sold them on as they didnt really fit in with the rest of my collection but there cheap enough and look cool :)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Just a real kool custom piece to have and of course it's worth having because u like it and it won't cost much so it's a win win :)

I too would have every SW repro item burnt if I could but wouldn't mind a custom rocket Fett-made using an original regular Fett of course :wink:

Palifan

Sith Lord
I have a couple of different ones and all display well but I also picked up this one from the same seller recently which is a work of art - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Vintage-Kit-Bashed-Rocket-Firing-Boba-Fett-/162451650464?hash=item25d2df77a0:g:Jp0AAOSw5cNYlH1E

Ian

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
Palifan said:
I have a couple of different ones and all display well but I also picked up this one from the same seller recently which is a work of art - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Vintage-Kit-Bashed-Rocket-Firing-Boba-Fett-/162451650464?hash=item25d2df77a0:g:Jp0AAOSw5cNYlH1E

Ian

Quite expensive at around £70

Palifan

Sith Lord
Bootyhunter said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Quite expensive at around £70

It wasn't that cheap for sure but it's a pretty solid figure made from a plastic similar to the original vintage ones (not bendy like the rocket Fetts) and came with a nice box, two different shaped missiles and a Boba badge thing like they have at celebration. I don't buy that many things like this at all so I was happy to pay the price for this.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom