could you rip a friend of

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
if a really good friend happenend to have loads of star wars stuff and was completely unaware of the value and was gonna sell to you would you rip him off
i would say no but if they had loads of figures and wanted Ã'£10 for the lot and there was some rare figs i think i would be really tempted

Jukesy

Sith Lord
I would happily offer him a little more than Ã'£10 if you knew that you were getting your money's worth but not too much to make a lose, that way both of you are happy!!

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Don't do it mate, its not worth it. I'm sure you would value your friendship more than a few quid. He's bound to find out at some point and I doubt he'd be too impressed to find you'd happily shaft him given the opportunity. As Jukesy said, don't pay over the odds, but give him a fair deal.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i think what really puts a spanner in the works is selling stuff on for a profit. i've had friends give me things before, even for free, as they knew i loved star wars and would appreciate them.

if they thought i was just going to sell them on ebay, i'm sure they wouldn't have! :lol:

Bollux

Grand Master
same here, i got some little bits here and there from a friend but he knows that i love it and would never part with it, so why would he want money for it?

now someone from work? I would scam them silly!

wozza35

Jedi Knight
As has been already said give him a fair price but more of a trade price rather than a retail price if that makes sense :oops:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
you have mis understood me fellas
i am not in this postion i just wondered what everyone would do if they found them selves in it

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Kind of similar, I recently sold some carded figures to a mate (who I also work with). I drew up a list, he went away and decided what they were worth to him and I went away and worked out roughly what I wanted. We were only about Ã'£50 out from each other on Ã'£500 of stuff so we just met in the middle. Both got pretty much what we wanted without any kind of crap to deal with further down the line.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I would ask what they wanted for them, then make them an offer.

Anyone selling old toys without using the internet probably just wants them out of their house to give them some space anyway. :wink:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Personally I couldn't do it.

I'd have to offer a good price. Just wouldn't feel right otherwise.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
ripped off my cousin once. about 10 years ago , he sold me all the figures he had left for 50p each and an imperial attack base for Ã'£2.
cost me Ã'£25 for the lot, he had barada , lando general, anakin, awing pilot, imperial gunner lumat and paploo amongst them 8)

serves him right for being such a spoilt only child and getting all the figures he wanted when we were young :lol:

How about paying the (low) asking price and cutting him in on any future profits? That way the ones in your collection are a windfall and you still maintain goodwill. Keep people in the loop and they tend to be cool.

My old college roommate from the US (I was at Indiana University for a year) recently mailed me a big box of SW stuff he didn't want as I'd "give it a good home" - now apart from a Paploo and a couple of pristine minty stormtroopers it was a box of crap basically. I felt bad because it cost him something like $40 to ship it to the UK. I levelled with him and asked if he'd mind me eBaying some of "the ones I had spares of" in order to build the collection. He was OK.

As it turned out, "the ones I had spares of" pretty much covered all of it. I kept a complete 90s Falcon and a few bits and bobs, but by and large it funded my 1st Yakface.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom