Time to call it a day.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Chaps,

After thinking a lot today about things, ive decided that now is the time for me to sell on and move onto something new. My RS ban has left a bad taste, and gives me the impression that people like Philip Wise etc seem to think they own this hobby and that there is no room for opinions and the occasional emotional outburst. I feel drained and am seriously getting more and more distant from this hobby and SW in general. Ive issues i need to address and getting irate with such things is not worth it anymore. It feels so different to 10-20 years ago and its not the same.

My whole collection will be getting listed for sale soon, except for some select pieces. I will list everything here and will make everyone aware in advance. Vintage,modern,props and autographs will be moving on as will anything else i can live without.

Ill still hang around here just to stay in contact but the game is up fellas :)

This isnt a sympathy/look at me post, but i just wanted to make all aware what my future intentions are.

Lee

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear this Lee. My advise would be to get a table at the next FF show in August. Maybe a bit of selling and being around people in the hobby who appreciate the hobby might turn it around for you.

skywalker

Jedi Master
Sorry to hear this Lee,, but I know how you feel mate I sold up Two years ago after losing the bug and although I have been buying a few bit's lately I will never get back into collecting as I was back then.

I think with the new wave of collectors it seems to be money driven, buying from one place and selling for a profit somewhere else driving prices through the roof, I as many others collected because I liked whatever I bought and did not attach a monetary value to it.

Best of luck with your sale's mate and whatever hobby you decide to pick in next.

Dean.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Hello Lee, I didn't know you had been banned from RS sorry to hear that. My advice would be to sleep on it (for a month or two!) before deciding one way or another - selling a collection is a big task, and having to take loads of photographs, write address labels and box things up is tedious work and bound to make you feel worse not better. I'd just put SW out of your mind for awhile.

ps. but yeah, if you're going to sell, then sell the modern - get rid of that crap!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi Lee

Sorry to hear this, sad day when the good guys are pushed to their limits.

Hopefully things will turn around, but again a massive shame to lose a respected member of the community.

All the best bud
Mike :D

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Wow Lee that's a big decision.

Why not just take a break for a while and see how you feel once things have calmed down abit? Sometimes I find it's easy to get drawn into something and then you feel like it's taking all your energy and time. At that point, I step away and do something else for a while and it works for me.

Sorry, not lecturing, just giving another option :D

But yeah, sell the modern!!

Jez

Sith Lord
Sounds like you've had your fill mate.
Stand by for the silent sharks.
You'll know in your head what the right thing to do is.
One thing though, I'm not sure of the ins and outs as to what happened on RS but over the years I've seen numerous guys banned and subsequently reinstated (sometime 6 months later). It doesn't have to be the end.
No one knows you better than you, and only you know what your head and heart tells you.
Have a think, a short break and then reassess.
Don't rush anything bro

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Lee,

sleep on it mate, the RS debacle is still pretty raw, give it time to settle down.

Although it's totally your decision, it would be really **** if when you saw the new films in December and you got the bug again, only to find yourself back to square one. Once a SW collector, always a collector, it's like a thirst that cannot be quenched! :D

Keep your pecker up mate.

Mark

TheGent

Jedi Master
Seriously, the hobby has nothing to do with RS or getting banned somewhere or being confronted with mindless idiots.
Well, you have met very nice people as well as idiots because that's how the whole world is. Best mates and idiots. But...

The hobby is sitting in front of your collected stuff, picking out single pieces, holding them in your hand, touching them, remembering how you found them etc.

It's not about people, it's about the saga, the movies and mostly about the figures. About the feeling you have being surrounded by your stuff.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Sorry to hear this, all I can say is the less people like you are left in the hobby, the more the new collectors are shaping future collecting.

Hope you stick around your threads/posts are always interesting to read. :)

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
sorry to hear you had enough Lee :( and like the others have said at least wait till the new movie is out before selling just in case :D you never know
but most of all what ever you decide i wish you good luck pal and hope you stick around :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
_Lee_ said:
I....am seriously getting more and more distant from this hobby and SW in general. It feels so different to 10-20 years ago and its not the same.

This I can sympathise with totally, albeit I don't go back 20 years. Maybe it's a phase, maybe it's rose tinted specs but. to me, the hobby doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much fun as it was 5 years ago, less even. It's all so much more serious now. All the banter has been replaced with anally retentive obsession and scams seem so much more common.

It'll be a shame to see you sell up. It's never nice to see a collection sold, but I know where you're coming from. Fingers crossed whatever you decide to do in future brings you some enjoyment/contentment.

poncho

Grand Master
weasel said:
Maybe it's a phase, maybe it's rose tinted specs but. to me, the hobby doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much fun as it was 5 years ago, less even. It's all so much more serious now.
totally agree weas.

Jez

Sith Lord
You guys should listen to the latest podcast. I don't think anyone can say that's too serious. :lol:

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
i dont know why being banned from rebelscum should stop you loving star wars...

surely chewie roaring will make you love star wars more than that...

anyway, if you are selling up, you still got that last rotj weekly comic.. :p

Joe

Grand Master
Selling up?? Giving in?? Quitting??

What have you done with the real Lee??

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Or, he's finally seen the light, moved to Watford and is following them in their Premier League campaign.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Gees Lee, this is one post I never expected to see, but I hear what you are saying, you know as we all do that RS can be pissy at the best of times, so I hope its not just goings on over there that have soured the milk for you, if I were you I'd pack every scrap of SW related stuff up in boxes, pack it away & forget about it for a good while, theres plenty to life aside collecting & this hobby, hell in a year or 2 your drive & love for it may be back stronger than ever & it would be a shame to have to start again, especially with the prices the way they are going.

But whatever you decide I wish you all the best.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
As much as some of these things bother me...I will not let any assholes drive me out of this hobby...never. **** them. Prior to the internet they
existed...I just never had to listen or read their crap on a daily basis. Back then If I happened to run into their kind at a toy show..I would just walk all over them or tell them to **** off....or better yet..****ing laugh at them or outright ignore them.

and not to bash RS again...but there have been a few assholes on there since the beginning...Ignore them...or at least try to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom