A Toy Toni question

stormcab

Sith Lord
Saw an ESB 45 back AT-AT Driver General Mills graded 80 for sale on eBay, and in the description the seller mentions it may be a TT. He says he bought it, displayed it on FB, and people told him it was TT.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars...85-moc-Jedi-/191654359782?hash=item2c9f7d72e6

I thought all the suspects were on this list

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/

It shows the affected AT-AT drivers were on a 65D card. Does this list at Mr Palitoy Cardback guide contain all the suspects, or are there other suspects that don't appear on there?

itfciain

Grand Master
That one is a German General Mills card - there is some more info here - looks very much like a TT - the seller pointing out the AFA have graded it makes no difference as they are know to have graded TTs and all but admitted it

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19044

stormcab

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
That one is a German General Mills card - there is some more info here - looks very much like a TT - the seller pointing out the AFA have graded it makes no difference as they are know to have graded TTs and all but admitted it

Yeah I've read all that, but it still isn't 100% clear what the list says. On the Palitoy card page it specifies the 65D was the affected card back of the AT-AT driver. The list on the thread above has a number next to the figure, and several card back types at the top of the list. Does that mean all the figures on all those card backs are affected? It would be great to make it a little clearer for everyone as so many don't want to touch Palitoy now, but there are great items out there that are authentic.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
itfciain said:

Yeah I've read all that, but it still isn't 100% clear what the list says. On the Palitoy card page it specifies the 65D was the affected card back of the AT-AT driver. The list on the thread above has a number next to the figure, and several card back types at the top of the list. Does that mean all the figures on all those card backs are affected? It would be great to make it a little clearer for everyone as so many don't want to touch Palitoy now, but there are great items out there that are authentic.

My palitoy guide only shows the affected palitoy cards. Maybe I should put a German esb and clipper esb page on there so all the info is together? The cards were made by Coalville after all....

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
This is the list of affected cards:- Clipper ESB

72* Rebel Commander
69* Bespin Security Guard White
69+ Hammerhead
56+ Walrusman
11+ Dengar

General Mills ESB

563 Han Hoth (without english text)
526 Stormtrooper (without english text)
500* Bossk (without english text)
357 C3PO Removable Limbs (without english text)
320 AT-AT Driver (with and without english text)
318 Bespin Security Guard Black (with english text)
276 IG88 (without english text)
268 21B (with english text)
194 Han Solo (with and without english text)
171 R2D2 Sensorscope (without english text)
166 Leia Bespin (with english text)
162 Han Bespin (without english text)
138 Ben Kenobi (without english text)
118 Power Droid (with english text)
90 Cloud Car Pilot (with english text)
85 Yoda (without english text)
73* Rebel Commander (with english text)
70 AT-AT Commander (with english text)
69* Bespin Security Guard White (without english text)
66* Chewbacca (with english text)
50 Leia Hoth (with english text)
36 Rebel Soldier (with english text)
26 FX-7 (with english text)
25 Princess Leia (without english text)
11 R5D4 (with english text)

General Mills ROTJ

30 Cloud Car Pilot
6^ Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot

Palitoy ESB

500* Bossk (45b back)
264 Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot (45b back)
66* Chewbacca (45b back)

Palitoy ROTJ

1234 C3PO Removable Limbs (65d back)
1126 Imperial Hoth Trooper (65d back)
885 Luke Skywalker (45c back)
482 Boba Fett (45c back)
467 Lobot (45c back)
417 Death Star Droid (45c back)
301 21B (45c back)
143 Chewbacca (65d back)
132 Luke Bespin (45c back)
105 Luke Hoth (65d back)
86 Lando Skiff Guard (65c back)
81 Logray 65c back)
60 Squid Head (65c back)
47 Han Solo (45c back)
39 AT-AT Driver (65d back)
31 Gamorrean Guard (65c back)
30 Leia Boussh (65c back)
27 AT-AT Commander (45c back)
12 Yoda (45c back)
8 Cloud Car Pilot (45c back)

*Both palitoy & clipper or german & clipper offered on toytoni.com, so a 50/50 split assumed rather than assuming all are german
+Clipper not listed, but offered on toytoni.com, no german figure offered
^Palitoy variation not known to exist, assumed to be german which does exist

Jason

ianbrooke

Padawan
This may be a silly question but in the following example of a General Mills ESB card what does the 166 refer to and how can i find it

166 Leia Bespin (with english text)

Thanks
Ian

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
The number comes from a hand written list submitted by Jason joiner. It is allegedly an inventory of the card backs offered at the time. 166 would refer to the number in the deal. It is thought Toy Toni purchased the lot, but never verified.

So some toy Toni's are very scarce, whilst others are abundant.

mudo

mr_palitoy said:

General Mills ESB

Jason

Hi there!

i wonder where the information (in the list from Jason) about the "without english text" and "with english text" originates from? Is this confirmed?

And: Should all german 45back cards with the opposite to this "with/without" in the list, should be legit. Do i understand this right?

Thanx for the Info - you all rock!

Leemcl

Jedi Master
This thred brings back bad memories. I got caught on a TT Obi Wan via EBay ( well it's assumed to be a TT ) and the battle to retun the fcuking thing was one of if not the most stressful EBay debates I've ever had. These days with the returns policy being more robust you have more chance but back then.....

Hence the old boy is still with me and I can't sell the thing !

Always always buyer beware

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Leemcl said:
This thred brings back bad memories. I got caught on a TT Obi Wan via EBay ( well it's assumed to be a TT ) and the battle to retun the fcuking thing was one of if not the most stressful EBay debates I've ever had. These days with the returns policy being more robust you have more chance but back then.....

Hence the old boy is still with me and I can't sell the thing !

Always always buyer beware

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Always in the market for TTs I don't have, Lee :D

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I'd probably have let it go but the simple fact is I over paid and that made it hard to move on as I did not want to lose too much :)

spoons

Grand Master
It's another with an authentic 03 bubble. There is still some debate over these

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
But it does look a stunning MOC, does it really matter?
I would be more than happy to have this amongst my other ESB figures.
Just think of this one as a "bit different" a talking point perhaps?

Leemcl

Jedi Master
spoons said:
It's another with an authentic 03 bubble. There is still some debate over these
Spot on there mate. The debate about the 03 bubble was exactly why the seller refused to take it back. Other forum members said the 03 was the reason it was a TT and the seller said it's not a TT due to the 03 bubble

If it is legit. It's a lovely item. If it's a TT it's a lovely item but a hot point Iron has been used to seal it ! What can you say / do ?

In some respects it's why TT has such a negative impact in one simple case study

spoons

Grand Master
I have a German Han Hoth with an 03 bubble, and am 70/30 convinced it's a TT. All other Hans have 02s

Toni definitely had legit bubbles but it also stands to reason that Palitoy would have used up old bubbles, which would explain all the 03s

A real minefield and I don't think we'll ever know for sure unless Toni spills the beans

The bubble placement on the Ben is very central, which is a Toni tell, but you'd need to compare it to genuine German cards to be sure

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
mudo said:
mr_palitoy said:

General Mills ESB

Jason

Hi there!

i wonder where the information (in the list from Jason) about the "without english text" and "with english text" originates from? Is this confirmed?

And: Should all german 45back cards with the opposite to this "with/without" in the list, should be legit. Do i understand this right?

The 'with german text' and 'without german text' breakdown for each figure was added by me after seeing which card variants were affected in practice. The original list doesnt make this distinction. The breakdown I added isnt definitive and stuff could be missing.

cheers Jason

mudo

mr_palitoy said:
mudo said:
mr_palitoy said:

General Mills ESB

Jason

Hi there!

The 'with german text' and 'without german text' breakdown for each figure was added by me after seeing which card variants were affected in practice. The original list doesnt make this distinction. The breakdown I added isnt definitive and stuff could be missing.

cheers Jason

Thanks a lot for your answer Jason!

Keep.up your great work...

Mudo(kan)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom