Factory defects question

Mr Chutu

Hi guys,

I recently got hold of my childhood star wars collection from my parents. On inspection I found a Gamorrean Guard with an unpainted arm (not the kind of thing that I paid attention to as a child). Now I know that factory defects in other ranges of toys can be rare and collectable, is this the same with Kenner figures?

Gamorrean1.jpg

Gamorrean2.jpg

If anyone could advise on this, that'd be great.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Grand Master
Welcome to the site Mr Chutu, factory errors aren't overly common but there are plenty out there. Here is a good thread to see what other missing paint errors have been documented to date: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t999087/

itfciain

Grand Master
In terms of value, I don't think it adds a whole amount - maybe an extra 5GBP to the right person (probably someone with either a paint apps or a GG foucs)

Mr Chutu

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I process the collection :)

Joe

Grand Master
I agree with Iain, you really have to find the right person for the error (focus collectors are more inclined to pay a higher premium to pick up an oddity like this) as most people aren't all that interested (especially at double or triple the price).

Found another thread for you, posted in 2008 by a much younger and far more enthusiastic me: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3466 :lol:

.Q.

Jedi Master
Welcome Mr Chutu, that's a cracking find.

I have a liking for Gammos and indeed spray / paint error figs. Found a Imperial Commander (with the same paint ops as the one in Christians amazing focus), in a pile of common figures a while back which piqued my interest and have since added a blue stripe only Death Squad Commander. As the chaps have said, no massive price hike here, but definite value to the right fellow. :)

As it's from your childhood collection,(lucky enough to still have mine), it's irreplaceable and deserves to stay with his buddies after all these years. 8)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I love 'em myself and have a few:

- Dengar with no eyes
- Chewie with no Bandolier
- Ree Yees with no paint on neck
- Ree Yees with no paint on one hand

I'm dead keen to add a paint app error to my Han Original Focus!

Money wise, as everyone else has noted, a slight premium, but not crazy money at all.

Joe

Grand Master
Amazing run mate! I remembered you had a couple years ago but it looks like the collection of errors has grown! That line up is really impressive!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom