Found My Holy Grail!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
For some people it's a trilogo General Madine, for others a Vlix or some prototype. But the one thing I've always wanted, and that no amount of money could buy, is my own childhood figures back.

I remember vividly the day in the late 80s that we took all our old toys to the dump, only for scavengers to start sifting through them immediately. Because of this memory I have never really tried looking for them at my parents house, but today I had a couple of hours spare and thought I'd have another look.

So I got in the loft, and amongst all the crap from my teenage years I found a box of old toy cars. These were great to see again as I remember playing with them as a kid, but I got the box out to have a dig through in case there was anything Star Wars related in there.

To my absolute amazement, in amongst all the cars were this lot. So I'd like to introduce you to my very own childhood Vader, Chewie, Luke Jedi, Leia Bespin, and... Pop-up Sabre R2-D2! :D

childhood-figures.jpg

I am so stoked to have these. Even though it's a fraction of my old collection, I thought these were gone forever. They are worthless to most (well apart from R2 maybe!) but these are by far my new favourite pieces in my collection :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Edd, you lucky sod! :lol:

Congratulations! Chuffed to bits for you. Great when anyone finds their childhood collection, let alone one that contains a pop up sabre R2 :) Leia looks tidy and once re-equipped Darth will be fine, too. Only Luke who is really a beater and when it's your own childhood toys....who cares?!

Anymore places left to check or are you sure that's all there is to find?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Great news Edd.

I did the same around 11 years ago when i was house sitting for the folks. Fed the cat, and i knew it would be my last chance as they were gutting and reinsulating the loft. I was on hands and knees, itchinging like mad until i felt some legs-which turned out to be my Leia Boussh from childhood. I carried on and found my AtAt bulb cover too. Bit of grief when i stood up as i hit my head on a nail and blood pissed out everywhere. It was worth the pain and tetanus jab to have these 2 pieces back with me. They are the most important parts in my collection bar nothing. I know for a fact the Leia was my last ever figure as a kid.

Well done mate, you will get the memories rushing back now.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Andreg said:
Oh man......I can only imagine how good that must feel!

giphy.gif

Haha! Perfect giff Andreg!

That is great news Edd, what a feelling that must have been to come across them like that! Congrats!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nothing beats your childhood stuff, great to see. Chewie looks pretty good considering.

Jez

Sith Lord
Awesome news Ed, massively chuffed for you.
You know I know exactly how you feel after my similar find. Take it from me you'll keep looking now you've found these!

Excellent stuff.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Absolutely awesome. As rare as rocket firing boba fetts or vlix are, much rarer are the toys we grew up playing with. I would love my shoebox full of ROTJ figures my gran bought me.

sith-smith

Grand Master
That's great. :D

I still have all my childhood figures though sadly for the most part they are mixed up with new ones I bought from the 90's onwards. :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom