Retroblasting - Palitoy Death Star Playset

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Not a restoration but a humorous comparison of both the Kenner and Palitoy Death Star playsets.

[youtube]mSIK63NzEIY[/youtube]

grinchy

Sith Lord
Great video, broken vader is a cool character, and the palitoy death star looks good in person, i never got one when i was a kid as i thought it looked a bit pants, but i've seen a couple at cons and its surprising how big it is

nohandluke

Padawan
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Just some background - We received a letter from a chap (credited at the beginning of the video) who said he had his childhood Palitoy Death Star and he didn't want it to be sold to a stranger, but he had to get rid of it for space purposes. It was in amazing condition with a fair condition box. I told him that the playset is quite valuable. He said he was aware of value, but what he wanted most was a great video made about the playset and RB was his first choice. (I was stunned and so humbled by the gesture.)

He *donated* this playset to RB for safekeeping and use in Star Wars-related RB videos and we fully intend to honor his request. As such, Broken Vader insisted this be reviewed by him alone as only a vintage Star Wars toy could express the magnitude of that which is the Palitoy Death Star (so he says).

We also received a patient from him - his childhood R2-D2 originally on a Meccano cardback that he still has in his possession. R2 has a broken leg and chrome wear, but we're working to rehabilitate him and return him to his owner.

Cheers to everyone at SWFUK - Michael

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
That's amazing Michael. :eek:
It just shows that the nostalgia we have for our childhood toys can't be bought. These days with the value of vintage going through the roof its great to hear that seeking a good home for their childhood SW trumps financial gain. :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
Fantastic video.

I had the Palitoy DS as a kid back in the 70's.

Did see the Kenner one for sale here though. Wish I'd been able to be that as well. The two together would have made an awesome Imperial base 8)

olisuds

Sith Lord
I'm a big fan of Retroblasting, I could watch those videos all day long. Please keep them coming!!! :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That was superb! Really enjoyed that and a great comparison between the two versions. I've never seen a US Death Star playset in person so was good to see it.

Damned funny and broken Vader is quite rightly a star. And slightly pervy.

Keep it up, guys. Look forward to seeing more!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom