urban legend

han duo

Sith Lord
i heard i while ago that in the late eights after all the rush to buy starwars stuff for the kids -kenner over made luke jedis by the thousands (as well as a few other characters) anyway when they didnt sell to any department stores and they where left in the factory ,,they ended up being dumped in a landfill site near leicester.............!

anyone heard that story before ?? :?

snagbar

Jedi Knight
loads of times!!!!!!!!
go to any of the toy and train fairs and all the old timers who have been selling star wars for years will tell you about it,but the landfill site will be in different locations.

cocofstar

Sith Lord
I have heard that story quite a few times over the years. Whats funny is that my brother collects toy soldiers and everyone in his hobby believes that Timpo (Toy soldier company) did the exact same thing somewhere in the UK as well. :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Now that's a blast from the past! :lol:

If it was true, chances are they have either been dug up or ruined by 20 years of being burried underground!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I can't remember where the landfill was but the story was on the news years ago so it must be true !! :lol:

01AB

Jedi Knight
I recall a while back (3-4 months ago?) there was this bloke selling Emperors on Ebay, he'd come by a box of (?) hundreds of baggies in his grandads toy shop storeroom or something like that....

I'd love to make such a find, I'm sure in many a loft or lock-up there are hidden gems, immaculate vinly caped Jawas, boxed Falcons etc owned by old ladies with dementia or since forgotten about by grown up chavs whom dont care a less about such wonders.....blah, blah, blah....

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
The thought of digging up a few Jedi figures from a tip doesn't appeal really. Although I do have recurring dreams about being in this old shop and somehow getting the storeroom and there being several dusty sealed boxes with Palitoy on the side. Which the owner then sells to me for a couple of quid. Then before I can open them the alarm goes off :wink:

01AB

Jedi Knight
Darth Wensleydale said:
The thought of digging up a few Jedi figures from a tip doesn't appeal really. Although I do have recurring dreams about being in this old shop and somehow getting the storeroom and there being several dusty sealed boxes with Palitoy on the side. Which the owner then sells to me for a couple of quid. Then before I can open them the alarm goes off :wink:

I used to have recurring dreams about stealing figures from peoples houses (I'd eye them up but never get 'round to actually pocketing them!) when I started re-collecting, the dreams stopped, though I did dream the other night that I found an EV9D9 and a Paploo in Oxfam for Ã'£1 each... And yes I did go into the local Oxfam the next day, just in case I had suddenly become precognetive....

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
han i heard it was in leicester ,this was also fetched up on old site

i have dreams about shagged to gorgeous blonde 18 year old twins ..............BECAUSE I,M A MAN :lol: :lol: :wink:

David Tree

Jedi Master
It does happen a lot and Star Wars isn't the only product either. It happened to Action Force too as the transfer of licence went back to Hasbro and they wanted to relunch more in line with GI -Joe.

It still goes on now though, as a heck of a lot of Episode 1 ended up in landfills. Opee Fish in particular I think.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
jabbawokkie said:
i have dreams about shagged to gorgeous blonde 18 year old twins ..............BECAUSE I,M A MAN :lol: :lol: :wink:

Some of us don't have to dream about that! :lol:
(Ok, maybe the twins bit........)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom