Kenners Unproduced Toys 1986 - Tandem X-Wing Fighter

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
In 1986 Kenner's plans to continue the vintage Star Wars line were cancelled. All that remains of the planned extension to the Power Of The Force line are a few black and white photos and written descriptions. Using this archival material and with the help of some talented model builders I am proud to share with you a series of customs that hopefully give some idea as to how those unproduced toys might have appeared as actual products. These unproduced toys – and much more - will be on view at the free-to-enter 'May The Toys Be With You' exhibition at The Beaney in Canterbury Kent from Dec 5th to March 6th. I hope you can attend!

Here's a look at the "Tandem X-Wing" below…

Tandem_X_Wing_Fighter.jpg

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
That pretty Kool 8)

I am sure there r some pics of a prototype two cockpit X-Wing in the hard back 2nd issue Tomarts guide to World Wide Star Wars Collectibles at the back where the hard back issue has 40 pages of unproduced items 8) 8)

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Thanks for the positive comments guys. :D Hope some of you might be able to make it down to Canterbury to see the exhibition.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thats awesome mate, well done!

I'm kinda glad Kenner didn't pursue these non-movie vehicles though. :)

indianawars

Sith Lord
I do enjoy the insight of what could have been. That's probably why I've watched plastic Galaxy so many times. Although the R2-Choo-Choo was a little OTT :lol:

indianawars

Sith Lord
Very sexy :shock: I love seeing the 'what could have been.'I guess if they were produced, then nobody would admire them at such a high level as we do today.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I really love the look of the Bantha, it's just right for the era and the line. Sometimes when you see customs they're way too detailed and accurate in scale etc... it's actually harder to do something like this, more in keeping with the Kenner design output from the time.

Sterling work!

spoons

Grand Master
A Bantha would have been great and really a better fit than the dewback, which was only seen for a second in SW

Great models bonsai!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom