Antiques Roadshow tonight Sunday 25th 8pm!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Didn't think his valuations were that bad considering what these 'experts' normally do.

Bit out on the Dagobah. Haven't seen one on eBay for under £120 lately.

Anybody know the guy who's collection it was??

Joe

Grand Master
jedi_masters said:
Didn't think his valuations were that bad considering what these 'experts' normally do.

Bit out on the Dagobah. Haven't seen one on eBay for under £120 lately.

Anybody know the guy who's collection it was??

I thought the same, nice to hear sensible prices from a toy expert for a change. At least it stops people thinking that each loose figure they turn up is worth £100 and tatty old boxed stuff is £500+.

stormcab

Sith Lord
The expert seemed well clued up. Knew which loose figures were Kenner or Palitoy. I heard MOC before the program, so was a bit disappointed. The collector was just some guy who said the stuff was gathering dust in the loft, so I'm assuming he's not been in the SW community.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I thought he undervalued it somewhat, he said late hundreds of £'s. He also said the loose figures go from 50p and can't remember what he said up to? None of the figure's were only worth 50p. The scan I had only watching it once I got to £1500 to £2500.

Joe

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
I thought he undervalued it somewhat, he said late hundreds of £'s. He also said the loose figures go from 50p and can't remember what he said up to? None of the figure's were only worth 50p. The scan I had only watching it once I got to £1500 to £2500.

I must have been watching a different show? I heard him say £10-15 each for the figures but to check to see if some weren't worth more and that he might be sitting on £500+ for everything on the table?

It was only a few loose figures without weapons and some pretty common boxed stuff that had signs of wear, just your average childhood/loft collection.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
He actually said 'high hundreds' for the whole collection and he said loose figures from 50p-£10/15.

He isn't that far wrong to b fair, the Falcon was valued at between £50-200 which is a wide range but we didn't know if the falcon was complete/intact inside etc. Yeh Dagobah a bit low. He also mentioned the 12 backs etc.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Joe said:
theforceuk said:

I must have been watching a different show? I heard him say £10-15 each for the figures but to check to see if some weren't worth more and that he might be sitting on £500+ for everything on the table?

It was only a few loose figures without weapons and some pretty common boxed stuff that had signs of wear, just your average childhood/loft collection.

No their was only one antiques road show on tonight! I can think of 5 items of the top of my head that were woth more than £500 between them. Just my opinion, but if I was looking to acquire all that stuff I would certainly expect to pay more than he said. Perhaps he was valuating it as a job lot? I always work it out as individual parts then add it all up. Mellennium falcon, Slave 1, Imperial Dignitary, X-Wing and Darth Vaders Tie Fighter not worth more than £500?

Joe

Grand Master
This was all he had, maybe I'm wrong I'm just not seeing anything amazing in that collection at all.

bbc_antiques_roadshow.png

The boxed stuff all had signs of wear, scuffs and the x-wing box was collapsing under the weight of an Ewok Glider so it probably had no inserts in it (or even an x-wing). Don't forget we didn't see actually see any of the vehicles inside the boxes to judge condition but the figures were a bit dusty and incomplete so you would expect the ships to be in much the same shape.

I can see £600-800 but not £1500-2500, they aren't graded :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom