Light saber

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
There are a lot of pop up repros out there, due to the prices they are commanding

Take a look at this link

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/lightsaberssection.htm

I'm sure some of the guys will chip in with advice, it always helps if you post up some pictures of your pieces so the guys can get a better idea of what you have

Not an expert so listen to more opnionsthan mine, but the original will float if you carefully place it on the surface of a glass of water and then sink if tapped, it will have a dull sound if dropped on a china plate, the repro wont. Best way to tell the difference (which is what I did to check mine) is to buy a known "repro" sabre (cue flames :evil: ) the difference will be more obvious. When your certain you have an original, throw the repo into a hot furnace! :D Whatever you do, dont get them mixed up :eek: mark the repro clearly!! Hope that helps? :)

Ian_C

Jedi Master
You also need to check to see if it's painted. If it's anything other than pure plastic, it's a repro. And you need to be careful if it floats even when pushed underwater. I had a Glasslite one once that is lighter green and will always float and was bought off ebay as a regular POTF saber. The newest repro that came out a couple of years ago looks and acts almost exactly the same way, and is hard to tell apart from an authentic Glasslite. You certainly don't want to toss it if it's real!

I suggest you do the float test as described above, and then post up close and high definition pics of both sides of it. You'll get your answer. :)

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom