Hip to be Square - Meccano Help Please

lejackal

Grand Master
Evening all,

I'm looking for some advice and guidance on the square Star Wars Meccano carded figures if possible.

I have a Jawa already and have Ben in the pipeline but I'd like some help on the likely cost of the others. I love to be told hundreds and not thousands each but given I can't find any on Ebay (with an admittedly brief search) I assume they're rarer so presumably more expensive.

Any help or advice including links to useful resources would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Carl

poncho

Grand Master
i should also select france as your delivery destination on ebay.fr to get better results .

you could always ask the seller if they ship to the uk @ a later date

lejackal

Grand Master
poncho said:
id try ebay.fr (ebay france)
Good shout, surprised I didn't think of that myself, have ebay.es searches saved to my phone for Dark Brown Hoth Rebel Soldier. Thanks

poncho

Grand Master
lejackal said:
poncho said:
Good shout, surprised I didn't think of that myself, have ebay.es searches saved to my phone for Dark Brown Hoth Rebel Soldier. Thanks

i got my dbrs from ebay.es :) too

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200&p=368761&hilit=rebel+soldier#p368761

lejackal

Grand Master
poncho said:
lejackal said:
poncho said:

i got my dbrs from ebay.es :) too

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200&p=368761&hilit=rebel+soldier#p368761
Ha ha, I stole the idea from you! Didn't realise that was yours :oops:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
All depends which you want & what kind of condition you expect to pick them up in, I had 3 at one point & decided to sell as I knew I would never manage a full run, the fett is way out there in terms of price, only ever seen one, R5 is a total bitch to find, only a handful of examples, these are also very prone to the bubbles falling off due to poor adhesive used, so worth considering if you are thinking of having them posted to you.

I only have one myself now, no prizes for guessing which :lol:

But you are looking at hundreds on some & thousands on others mate.

Jawa & ben are regarded as the easiest of them to find with the jawa always popping up with many 10 figure trade/shipping packs having been found, has to be right up there in terms of coolest card backs though, I love them.

FYI the fett I saw was for sale in a room sale at CE2 & was prices at 15k, not sure if that was euros, but assume so.

poncho

Grand Master
the han hoth violet is worth £100 on its own add the tri logo fett and the dbrs, i lucked out @ £140 8)

ive seen a few dbrs on ebay.de and ebay.fr when i was searching for one. the pink faced one is a european one hence why you can find them in germany/france the pale face one is a pbp only (spain). i wasnt fussed if i got a pbp pale faced or euro pink face

lejackal

Grand Master
Fair enough, that's sort of what I expected, although it would be nice to get more than 2 having them to bookend something else will still look cool.

I can always live in hope that someone will list one BIN for €80 not knowing what it is :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
poncho said:
the han hoth violet is worth £100 on its own add the tri logo fett and the dbrs, i lucked out @ £140 8)

ive seen a few dbrs on ebay.de and ebay.fr when i was searching for one. the pink faced one is a european one hence why you can find them in germany/france the pale face one is a pbp only (spain). i wasnt fussed if i got a pbp pale faced or euro pink face
Good stuff, I saw a DBRS in a shop a couple of weeks ago but he had about £215 on it which whilst it seems about the money for a mint complete one but is really more than I can go to.

maxf

Jedi Master
I think the days of most of them going for hundreds not thousands is long gone.

Jawa and Ben are common and easy to find, then it all gets a bit muddier. Han, Luke and Darth are the rarest, with these going well into 4 figures (even for reseals). The others are all pretty tough too - DSC is easier, but still about $1000 if you can find one, the others are all more expensive.

As a guide - I think you're looking at $1000 for DSC and sand people, maybe $1500 for c3po and chewie, $2000 for r2 and $2500 for stormtrooper. Han, Luke and Vader could all be $5000. IF you can find them!

The 8 '20 back' figures are all very rare (1 Luke x-wing known sealed, 1 or 2 R5D4 known sealed). ESB figures are the rarest of the lot!

The meccano figures are the only ones I'd actively collect as reseals and not consider them 'placeholders'

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Meccano also released some empire figures on the square cards and are some of the hardest to find. I don't think I've ever seen one in the flesh.

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
With these items prices depend on grade.If you can source them.
Jawa and Ben are pretty easy to find but higher grade ones still tend to fetch high prices.
Finding any of the other characters is difficult especially in good condition any graded above AFA 80 and you can basically double all the prices Max quoted.
I know of an AFA 85 Han that was for sale recently for $8,000 and a Tusken raider for $3,000.
In a nutshell they just don't come up for sale very often.

lejackal

Grand Master
Thanks everyone, looks like I'll be sticking with just the Jawa and Ben for the foreseeable.

maxf

Jedi Master
That summarises some of the price craziness we have seen recently - most Meccano collectors don't do grades and appreciate you've got to be condition flexible on these - obviously some AFA collectors fancy a play at a Meccano set (virtually impossible at AFA 85 imo) and have therefore pushed the prices way up.

lejackal

Grand Master
Yeah, I'm not really interested in graded pieces, I just get cases from Christian. Also I've started with less than perfect examples and will upgrade them when funds allow which will free up 2 entry level examples for someone else.

maxf

Jedi Master
I am content with whatever I can find - reseals even for the rare ones (as long as the bubble is genuine and it displays well).

If you chat to Stephane, who has an amazing run of 12 and 20bks, plus the majority of the ESB cards - and is ultra well connected in the Meccano world - he'll tell you that a few of his a reseals!

Matthieu

Padawan
I'm afraid you won't find many more Meccano square cards on eBay.fr...

The dealings on those items (as well as on Meccano 12 backs) are in most cases *very* private transactions.

And yes, when it comes to rarer items like square cards (especially ESB) and 12 backs, us French collectors would not care if they're reseals / restored / damaged.

-Matth

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
I would love to see a Bossk MOC one of these it is my ultimate grail item, I have never seen on in the flesh. But all the figures look great on the square card.

Jez

Sith Lord
I doubt i'll ever get a Luke X Wing Meccano Square card Reseal let alone a MOC.
These beauties are like Hen's teeth with fillings! Best of luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom