Rick Springfields Vintage Collection

Palifan

Sith Lord
That was a good watch although I don't know what half of the things the 'fan' was going on about with Blue Snags being so rare ect.

I like the fact that most of Rick's collection was bought when they first came out and it's a shame the way these things are edited as I'm sure anyone with and ESB Boba Fett moc who doesn't know much is going to think that they have the only other one in existence ( looked like the proper explanation about why this was the only one known was about to be said and they cut to another shot) :lol:

Thanks for sharing that, always nice to see a high end collection.

Ian

Ian_C

Jedi Master
I remember when Joe Yglesias helped out with the sale that got Rick Springfield the carded Headman. Joe had the only one known to exist until Springfield got one.

Nice piece overall. Obviously the interviewer was clueless, asking such stupid questions as "why don't you open them?", but we get that kind of silliness all the time when the media does a piece on high end stuff.

Just wish they had better 'experts' to quote from. The one guy, has anyone ever heard of him before? Certainly no one I have come across in my 20 years learning from the big names. And Gallo, pffft. I know he has many friends in the 'elite', but any interaction I have ever had with him (and truth be told, it's been a while), he's always come across as a condescending and arrogant elitist who has too many Vlix's. I have zero interest in his opinion, regardless of how big a 'name' he is, or thinks he is.

Don't mean to rain negativity on the topic though. I always liked Rick Springfield's music, but his standing as a high end SW collector has a much bigger impact on my respect for him. He seems to come across as a humble and down to earth celebrity as well.

Ian

PS. I saw the markings on the top left corner of that ESB Fett which I didn't recognize, but I had lagging during the video playback so I couldn't tell what it was. Can someone explain the rarity?

BruceW

Padawan
It was a Harbert ESB Fett.

And... while I don't know James Gallo as well as some in the hobby, I like him, and whenever I see him, he's always been perfectly nice to me.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Thanks, I was just coming back as I realized. I feel like a dummy now. Still, I never knew there was only one known Harbert Fett.

I don't mean to bring down anyone else's opinion of Gallo. Just my own experience with him wasn't exactly favorable.

Ian

stormcab

Sith Lord
Great watch. I assume the Harbert Fett and carded DTs are more valuable than the VCJ? They didn't seem to bring their rarity up. Aren't I seeing asking prices for things like MOC DT Ben at $30-40,000?

Blue Snag rare? eh?

Well this answers people's question of "where are all these MOCs coming from?". It seemed nothing unusual for many people to find them cool and not want to open them.

Nice little swipe at AFA harsh grading :D

BruceW

Padawan
Ian_C said:
Thanks, I was just coming back as I realized. I feel like a dummy now. Still, I never knew there was only one known Harbert Fett.

I posted the video earlier today on my Facebook. From other guys comments, it seems that when Rick bought his Harbert Fett, it was the only one known at the time. Two others have been uncovered since then, but Rick probably doesn't know that since he doesn't follow the hobby very closely.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Nice, I always knew he was a collector from the pic of him holding the Headman but I'd never seen his collection before. You always have to watch these type of interviews expecting the worst from the interviewer and he didn't fail to come across as a dick.

Rick on the other hand comes across as a decent fella but then again he is an Aussie :wink:

Thanks for the link.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
BruceW said:
Ian_C said:

I posted the video earlier today on my Facebook. From other guys comments, it seems that when Rick bought his Harbert Fett, it was the only one known at the time. Two others have been uncovered since then, but Rick probably doesn't know that since he doesn't follow the hobby very closely.

Gotcha.

I assumed he didn't follow it closely when he said the VC Jawa was worth $8000. I know it's a bit higher than that now. ;)

Ian

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I had no idea Rick was a collector - I certainly hope he has some Mattel Galactica stuff seeing as he played Apollo's little brother Zac in the '78 pilot (I also named my son after the character!).

Any other celebrity collectors? I saw Shane Ritchie once at an NEC toy fair - I believe he collects film props as well and has an original Planet of the Apes Gorilla rifle from the first film.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
I had no idea Rick was a collector - I certainly hope he has some Mattel Galactica stuff seeing as he played Apollo's little brother Zac in the '78 pilot (I also named my son after the character!).

Any other celebrity collectors? I saw Shane Ritchie once at an NEC toy fair - I believe he collects film props as well and has an original Planet of the Apes Gorilla rifle from the first film.

I'm fairly certain both Leonardo DiCaprio and Christian Slater were both collectors.

itfciain

Grand Master
I love the fact that it looks like a lot of his figures are graded yet he thinks the B in the grading stands for Back rather than Bubble - still comes over really well and has some amazing figures there for sure

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Don't think AFA know what the B stands for either. :lol:

Cool clip though, some choice items he has. :shock:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
That other guy they kept interviewing as a fan was at C7. He kept talking to me about Spiderman and Marvel comics. Not sure If had a clue on Star Wars stuff.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:

You beat me to it with the Galactica link, "Blue flight two in trouble request emergency approach." There were times in my youth when Battlestar was definitely my second favourite.

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ian_C said:
I don't mean to bring down anyone else's opinion of Gallo. Just my own experience with him wasn't exactly favorable.

Ian

What happened with your experience with him Ian?

Never had any dealings with him myself & probably never will but remember a thread about him on RS years ago about him trying to lowball someone for some POTF coins (Gmans son IIRC?) & thought he was conceited & arrogant!

Ian_C

Jedi Master
DarthStanley said:
Ian_C said:

Ian

What happened with your experience with him Ian?

Never had any dealings with him myself & probably never will but remember a thread about him on RS years ago about him trying to lowball someone for some POTF coins (Gmans son IIRC?) & thought he was conceited & arrogant!

I don't really want to get into it, as I don't want to derail this thread by slamming someone, but generally, he's not good at replying to messages unless you're one of his buddies, comes across as better than those around him (to me), but more so, he was proven wrong in a thread some time ago about a bootleg find, and just took an extremely defensive stand, being very arrogant and condescending to everyone. If memory serves correctly, he wouldn't even listen to Joe Y, the king of bootlegs. :(

*EDIT* Found it. Joe got involved at post #25, but the fun really starts when Jakub joins the conversation.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1074740/

You can also read up on his opinions on Super 7 doing the Alien figures based on original prototypes that, coincidentally, HE owns. Find and read that thread, and determine if his negativity is about Super 7, or protecting what he has tied up in the prototypes. ;)

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom