Is this a fake or the real thng..

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Hello everyone, I only joined this site the other day and have been finding my way around for a few days before posting...A lot of you are in the know and so can hopefully give me your 2 bob`s worth( cents if you`re a Yank) I`m pretty green behind the ears when it comes to Star Wars carded figures...

This was sold on ebay by a person who had all 12, the usual attic find, only one owner. Their rating is impeccable,100%, about 300 sales...not one single complaint. She sold 3 and the others were all snapped up privately..she said an auction house had confirmed authenticity and offered a refund if there was a problem.But, she also said she didn`t know much about star wars and after i received it, she wanted to buy it back for an extra 50 quid, this was then increased to 100...

Is it possible this could be the real deal...I have looked at it over and over bearing in mind what I have read about spotting a fake, but also bearing in mind her keenness to buy it back

Your thoughts and opinions are most appreciated..

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_20160109_114310.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_20160109_114310.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 631
  • rsz_20160109_114330.jpg
    rsz_20160109_114330.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 632

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Post some more photos of it outside the case front and back and close-ups of the bubble seal area and lightsaber. The saber looks fake to me at first glance, too dark yellow, can't see it properly though. How much did you pay for it? If it's a real DT Luke it's worth thousands but there's a good chance you've been fed a line here.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It's fake IMO, hope you didn't pay to much for it. Like Rob say's more photo's needed. I'm sure I have commented on another thread about the same figure. Here's the link.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28247

rdpla

Jedi Knight
some more pics...
heres whats bugging me...it could be genuine she didnt know. If shes scamming me why not just refund my money instead of offering to pay more to buy it back. Thanks for the feedback guys...gonna hit the hay...

Attachments

• rsz_20160109_114330 (2).jpg
    rsz_20160109_114330 (2).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 611
  • rsz_20160109_120828.jpg
    rsz_20160109_120828.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 610
  • rsz_20160109_120836.jpg
    rsz_20160109_120836.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 608

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Hi mate,

There's just a couple of things that look wrong to me. First off the saber looks wrong. It looks a little 'dark '
IMG_20160109_163924.jpg

Next as I've highlighted below here there's a couple of things with the blister seal that would concern me.
IMG_20160109_162010.jpg

A couple of areas look like they have been resealed and also in the bottom right, is that a slight paper tear.? Considering all the edges are nearly perfect no scuffing, its an odd spot for a tiny bit of damage?

Just my opinion. :|

lejackal

Grand Master
I'm sorry mate but I would say fake, bubble doesn't look right, I think it should be smaller on these, also if real its worth 10 times what you paid. I would go for a refund, the offer of a buy back could equally be a scam to get the figure back and keep your money.

If you keep it I hope we're all wrong.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
If this was the one which sold on ebay last week or so then it's what prompted me to write my fake ebay auction (I mention it in the 'ebay listings' section). As someone has already mentioned the big give away is the 'Ages 4 and up' text which has a different font on a genuine card. If your asking about just the light sabre and whether that's fake I couldn't say but why put a telescopic luke in a fake card?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah, this is wrong on almost every level. Kingshearer, you're correct; this one was discussed here:

If you go here you'll see all her other "loft finds". You'll also know how she carefully points out the FIGURE is genuine, but not so sure on the cardback. Yes, figure is genuine, sabre, card and bubble are all rip-offs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/vicki197111/m.html?item=281892784688&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Personally, I'd open a return through eBay and drop her a polite line just saying that you want to do things by the book given the amount of money involved. Return it by Special Delivery so you're covered if it goes to a decision from eBay/PayPal. Then once sorted I would neg her. Some here will say that's harsh but I don't care. The feedback system is there to protect buyers and these are all fakes and she's claiming "loft find". There is fraud somewhere along the line and she (or he) is part of it whether it be the loft find story or the carefully worded text.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Yeah, this is wrong on almost every level. Kingshearer, you're correct; this one was discussed here:

If you go here you'll see all her other "loft finds". You'll also know how she carefully points out the FIGURE is genuine, but not so sure on the cardback. Yes, figure is genuine, sabre, card and bubble are all rip-offs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/vicki197111/m.html?item=281892784688&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Personally, I'd open a return through eBay and drop her a polite line just saying that you want to do things by the book given the amount of money involved. Return it by Special Delivery so you're covered if it goes to a decision from eBay/PayPal. Then once sorted I would neg her. Some here will say that's harsh but I don't care. The feedback system is there to protect buyers and these are all fakes and she's claiming "loft find". There is fraud somewhere along the line and she (or he) is part of it whether it be the loft find story or the carefully worded text.

Agreed.

Anyone who tells you "I'm not sure if it's real or not" almost always deserves a neg. If you sell something you make sure you know what you're selling, particularly if it's a 10k MOC. There might be the odd instance where that rule doesn't apply, but with forums like this and people happy to help out and verify items, it's just lame to not do your own research so you know what you're selling. She's clearly bullshitting.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Dublinjeff said:
lejackal said:
I would go for a refund, the offer of a buy back could equally be a scam to get the figure back and keep your money.

Good point!

Good advice, but this seller has said she sold other items outside eBay so someone might have tried backdooring thinking their getting the reel thing or it's more lies. Everything is reproduction except the figure, you should go through eBay with this and demand your money back.

Also DT 12 backs are not extended MOC, unless someone can show me one that's pulled out. I have never seen one but then again don't own any!

Really sorry for you on this, it really gets to me when I see this stuff getting sold like this on eBay or anywhere.

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
If I stick anything in the loft it looks **** after a month yet they lost the rarest starwars figures 37 years ago and they look brand new
Didn't even know they sold them in this country 8)

Lindo

Sith Lord
its probably not even a "her" and if it is then it will be her mook fella trying to shift his fakes for a bit more using the inexperienced female bollox, imho these ****ers should be charged with fraud as they are plain and simply ripping people off who are unsure of what they are buying, I know people will say buyers should do their homework (which is true) but it still does not make it right to exploit people. there rant over :p

x-pack

Grand Master
Was this bought from that silly cow trying to sell first 12 MOCs that were 'found in the attic' on eBay ?

...just read the thread again. It is :x Send it straight back to her. She was ****ing told by me and at least one other forum member that these were fake. My opinion is she knows what they are and is trying it on scamming people.

Also, she's offering more to buy it back? Not surprised. A negative feedback (and a strongly worded, to the point one at that) will mess her eBay selling days up pretty badly.

Open a return and get your money back. eBay rules dictate that she will have no choice but to refund you.

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Hello everyone...First of all....
I would like to say thank you so much for everyone who helped and wrote on this thread...I was hoping there was a small possibility that this may be the real deal and until you guys posted pictures with fonts etc, I would never have been convinced. I really do hate being in the forgiving business at times...
I must have looked at 100 12back cards and not one matched the top of the card- they all matched each other....lo and behold, today I look at the recards from Spain and bingo...Identical to the one i bought...
The final nail in the coffin- the internet can sometimes be very intrusive but in this case also beneficial..The listing said they were a loft find. I typed in the address that was on the package and the internet told me that house had been last sold in 2007 and before that in 2002...Hmm...!

Going through the motions of getting my money back now, so once again thu vm guys..God bless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom