Latest Vectis Wins - Palitoy Cloud Car Pilot & Leia Bespin

ldr

Padawan
I've just recieved my latest wins from Vectis, which were two Palitoy MOCs.
One was a Cloud Car Pilot, and the other Leia Bespin. Both are 45 Backs.
Now Toy Toni had 8 CCP 45 backs, but didnt have any Leia Bespins.
The CCP seems ok, and the seal looks good without any iron marks...or any other oddities....except the red dot by Chewie on the reverse of the card.

The Leia on the other hand has some weirdness with the bubble. It looks like the bubble has been heated too much and so got shrinkage, and creasing on the seal edges. There is also a faint line to the right and top of the bubble, as if the bubble has shrunk slightly. The back also has the red dot. This card is also lifting bottom left, and theres no weapon.

Both cards have shop price tickets.

So what are peoples thoughts on these?

- Did any shop cards have the red dot on the back, or were these all rejects?
- Do people have any shop bought cards with bubbles that look like they have had to much heat applied? Could this have happened in the factory?
- Toy Toni's or not?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
lewis

Cloud Car Pilot:

Leia Bespin:

ldr

Padawan
I've just checked some other legit Palitoy 45 backs, and they have the red dot. A Dengar and Han Hoth. Both i know are old shop stock. So it seems the red dot was on shop released figures.

ldr

Padawan
If they came from the same shop, they would have the same price ticket.

The lower number is different, so presume this is the shops items number?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'd buy these without any concern. They have no issues other than that red dot and I've got worse errors on other cards. There's no other signs that they're TTs and they'd be the first that I'd seen with genuine old price stickers and in that grade. Nice pick ups.

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Ive got some red dot cards, bought in a shop originally, I dont think that should worry you too much, cheers

stormcab

Sith Lord
I got the Palitoy TIE Fighter pilot, but had the Palitoy logo on it, and that 99p price sticker. TT never got his hands on any with the logo, so I'm sure it's a safe bet they were all for sale together in the same store.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom