MOC with "shattered" lightsabre

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just saw this on eBay, I won't post the link in case anybody is watching it, but it's a really interesting piece so here's one of the photos. It's an apparently factory sealed figure with a lightsabre broken in to about 10 pieces!

I don't see how it could possibly have happened inside the bubble, so it must have been put in like that by a naughty factory worker. It appears to be factory sealed. Can't quite explain it, but I've never seen anything like it.

luke.JPG

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Saw that one, it's got what looks to be really bad heat/sun damage doesn't it, but bad enough to somehow shatter a lightsaber?? Really weird.

Figure also has a terrible paint job by the looks of it, so bad it looks play worn. All very peculiar :?:

Edit: some of the paint issues might just be on the bubble, feet and hands look ok, really just the belt which can be iffy on Luke Bespin.

Joe

Grand Master
Wow! Judging by the card and bubble it's been subjected to some seriously damaging storage conditions, wonder if it was sat in a shop window for years or something? Could the sun damage have made the saber so brittle that it snapped? Perhaps it fell on the floor or took a knock after all that sun which made the saber shatter..never seen anything like it before.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I saw this too....keeping an eye in the auction and might put a bid on it on the last day as long as it doesn't get too silly

lejackal

Grand Master
It may just be the angle of that photo but it almost looks like a Trilogo bubble on a Jedi card?

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I noticed the square corners too on the e-bay photo's all my old jedi card backs look like rounded corners were any original jedi bubbles ever square ?????

Grant

Sith Lord
Iv seen the odd tip of a regular Luke Saber snapped of inside a bubble or two but never to this extent. This is defo snapped into pieces then carded. My bet. 8)

kingshearer

Jedi Master
I've seen lots of tri-logo bubbles on Jedi cards and yes the shattered saber is a shocker I could never buy that.
Can't imagine the sun breaking the saber it must be factory and surely no one faking would put a jigsaw saber in there.
He says there's no cracks but there looks to be a scratch or cut at the bottom of the bubble if your going to bid might be worth asking what that is!

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
I can't see how Sunlight/heat did that to the lightsaber, with out affecting the bubble, I imagine that would need a lot of heat. Maybe the plastic of the saber was brittle and rattling around in there with Luke for 30 years has smashed it up.
Still an intresting item unless it's a fake.

Section 8

Sith Lord
Looking at the total discolouration of the card. My money would be on the sabre perishing in sunlight or in some other unusual storage space. It may depend on the two different types of plastic used for bubble and sabre which is why the bubble may have survived. My brother had a vintage Dusty Bin from childhood which the body crumbled into pieces, yet the lid and the legs made of slightly different plastic stayed solid.

s-l140.jpg

indianawars

Sith Lord
Sounds like we should start a 'Star Wars mystery files' thread...for all the unexplained items we've come across like that unassembled Death Star Commander inside the bubble.

Jez

Sith Lord
I think i'm thinking disgruntled factory worker more than sun and shatter damage. The damage is so severe i can't see it breaking that much from one drop. Really interesting piece.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Just had a proper look at it, it's a cool item. Wouldn't mind it just for the weirdness factor. Not going to go for it though, I think it's gona go for a lot (more than I'd pay for it). Good luck Ben, hope you can get it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom