Header image

New SWFUK Facebook Group

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: New SWFUK Facebook Group

Postby SublevelStudios » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:15 pm

That is funny :lol:

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:21 pm

Haven't heard that one in years Ben.
Good stuff

My other favourite on that small hand boba was Kenner getting confused between Jeremy bullock and Jeremy Beadle, I dunno how long that one lasted either but with some of those groups being so militantly administered, there's always going to be a place for Swfuk.

db94
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby db94 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:24 pm

Request to join sent, as you say you can't ignore how popular FB is, this forum will always be home though :D
My vintage/modern collection viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191

jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby jedisearcher » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Sorry, crap idea.

SWFUK joins the world of deleted posts and lost information, crap search facility, pointless rules that can't be enforced, drama every day, even more drama every day, childish pricks and tumbleweed forums ...

Aren't there enough FB groups, and whilst I can see membership on here going up a bit, the number of posts will fall a lot. No one looked at RS recently?

Hope it proves me wrong but can't see how it will.
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

x-pack
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby x-pack » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Yeh go on then. I don't really follow any of the FB groups but why not.

Are we aloud to say fuck and wank? (I don't mean 'saying fuck while having a wank' ...are we aloud to do that as well? :lol: )

tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby tiefighterboy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:30 pm

I joined .but I am not gonna put up with any shit on that page. It should run just like the forum. Tired of all the high prices, blow hards and show boats.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:36 pm

tiefighterboy wrote:I joined .but I am not gonna put up with any shit on that page. It should run just like the forum. Tired of all the high prices, blow hards and show boats.

Don't think anyone will put up with dick swinging competitions.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby tiefighterboy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:39 pm

theforceuk wrote:
tiefighterboy wrote:I joined .but I am not gonna put up with any shit on that page. It should run just like the forum. Tired of all the high prices, blow hards and show boats.

Don't think anyone will put up with dick swinging competitions.

Most of the groups are either sales (high priced) or that^^^^^..and maybe that is what FB is good for.....I run a group and it is dead most of the time as I am a fan of neither.

andy x-wing pilot
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby andy x-wing pilot » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:30 pm

jedisearcher wrote:Sorry, crap idea.

SWFUK joins the world of deleted posts and lost information, crap search facility, pointless rules that can't be enforced, drama every day, even more drama every day, childish pricks and tumbleweed forums ...

Aren't there enough FB groups, and whilst I can see membership on here going up a bit, the number of posts will fall a lot. No one looked at RS recently?

Well Said That Man

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby steve obi wan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:42 pm

Request sent
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:21 pm

andy x-wing pilot wrote:

Well Said That Man

If posts on here fall then who's to blame? Also who cares the hardcore members will still be posting here.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Just have to see how it goes I guess. I worry that something that would have been posted here ends up getting posted there, is relevant for 15 mins and then falls off the face of the earth.

Hopefully not, but time will tell.

And Ben, that joke was fucking brilliant, old or not. Well worth getting the boot for although baffling that you did!

jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby jedisearcher » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:12 pm

theforceuk wrote:
andy x-wing pilot wrote:

Well Said That Man

If posts on here fall then who's to blame? Also who cares the hardcore members will still be posting here.

Hopefully yes.
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Postby itfciain » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:54 am

I had a perfect example today of why the forums should never underestimated. A chap posted up pictures of a card that Toy Toni is selling on eBay and said it was fake. It wasn't, it wasn't even a TT. The thread got into this, exactly what the card was (a Hybrid BBG) and why it, and other cards Toni had were up for sale right now were not 'fake' or even non-factory sealed. It was a good thread - although the OP did come across looking a bit ignorant with his insistence that the card was 'fake'. In the end, although given lots of info by a number of people, the OP just decided to delete the thread - so everything was all gone.

You can't do that on a forum and thank god for that - it is bad enough that posting info onto FB is not going to stay about for long as the posts revolve around too quickly but when all you effort can just go at the touch of a button then to be honest it is just not a resource that can be used in that way.

Anyway, I think it is good to have a page up and am sure it will be a popular group on FB. I see that the admin are the same and that both IanC and Todd have joined so plenty of guys ready to 'correct' people's paths if they stray down the wrong one.

FB has added a whole new dimension to vintage collecting and love it or loathe it, it is here to stay for a while yet
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:36 am

Exactly Iain, your example sums up perfectly why FB can and will never replace forums. I've already had several people ask me why the forum username post has disappeared - because that's what happens on Facebook! It's there one minute, and then 20 people post something and it gets buried. This will never change, Facebook is not a place to store things, it is a place for "now."

So as above, as long as you guys keep using the forum too, it will remain :)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”