New SWFUK Facebook Group

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just to let you all know, I have finally got around to creating a SWFUK Facebook group. It's so busy on there vintage wise these days, it would be crazy to turn a blind eye to it. I'm not trying to move people from here to Facebook, personally I think the two platforms complement each other, and both have their pros and cons.

Here's the link if you would like to join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/918305588283414/

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Good idea, Edd, although I must admit a little bit of me has just died :lol:

I do hope it doesn't detract from here. Hopefully, it'll do the exact opposite and drive more traffic this way. Not that it needs it of late; the amount of new members is heartening.

I'm in a #3, it seems. Thanks for the add! Do I get a special badge?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes that's the plan, hopefully it will drum up a bit of business for the forum and as above I don't think Facebook will ever replace forums anyway due to the throw-away nature of the content.

poncho

Grand Master
:eek: noooooooooooooooooo. :?

Bah... facebook

It makes sense though. A sister forum of soughts i guess. Il join up

BlueDog

Sith Lord
ikyadbljtrstkvr8c85y_zpsrnyqnb6h.jpg

Facebook is killing independent George! :lol:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've joined but must admit I go on here to get away from Facebook. Makes sense though I guess. Kids today eh.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Sent you a join request.

I got thrown out of my first group yesterday. Seems the loose variant group doesn't have a sense of humour. I must spend too much time on swfuk.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Sent you a join request.

I got thrown out of my first group yesterday. Seems the loose variant group doesn't have a sense of humour. I must spend too much time on swfuk.

What happened mate? :cry: Didn't see anything go down yesterday.

plantainman

Jedi Master
Can't say I love this idea, because if a lot of the chat and banter ends up on the facebook page instead of on the forum, it would be a major downer!

but Meh, lets see...

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Mr-shifter said:
Sent you a join request.

What happened mate? :cry: Didn't see anything go down yesterday.

I used my Jeremy Beadle joke and applied it to the photo of the boba fett with the short shot hand.

The original went: Jeremy Beadle has a small dick, but then on the other hand, it's massive.

I thought I was being funny. Within 10 seconds the comment was gone and I was out. Perhaps something got lost in translation.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Haven't heard that one in years Ben.
Good stuff

My other favourite on that small hand boba was Kenner getting confused between Jeremy bullock and Jeremy Beadle, I dunno how long that one lasted either but with some of those groups being so militantly administered, there's always going to be a place for Swfuk.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Request to join sent, as you say you can't ignore how popular FB is, this forum will always be home though :D

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Sorry, crap idea.

SWFUK joins the world of deleted posts and lost information, crap search facility, pointless rules that can't be enforced, drama every day, even more drama every day, childish pricks and tumbleweed forums ...

Aren't there enough FB groups, and whilst I can see membership on here going up a bit, the number of posts will fall a lot. No one looked at RS recently?

Hope it proves me wrong but can't see how it will.

x-pack

Grand Master
Yeh go on then. I don't really follow any of the FB groups but why not.

Are we aloud to say **** and wank? (I don't mean 'saying **** while having a wank' ...are we aloud to do that as well? :lol: )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom