Interestering TT update re. Chewbacca

itfciain

Grand Master
I found a Palitoy Chewie over here last year and there was some debate as to whether it was a TT or not

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22670&hilit=toni

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26939

I have just picked up a lot of figures - mixed Triilogo and Palitoy - all with Kaybee prices (bargin bin) and in amongst them was this little chap

SAM_4459_zpsijfz7mbm.jpg

SAM_4461_zps0zhz5qxj.jpg

SAM_4460_zpswayz8pei.jpg

Slick seal, no obvious pressure marks on the back and obviously the shop sticker.

So looks like at least the Chewbacca is a genuine

Robstyley

Sith Lord
There's been much discussion about this one Iain, this proves it's defo a legit combination. I have the same one, was told it's a TT but the more I hear about them the more I'm convinced it's genuine. :) I think there are fake and genuine examples of this card bubble combo.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I had a Vader. Same card and bubble combo. It's another that isn't on the tt list but has been called into question ish a couple of times.

I'm quite glad to see this. I do believe lots of skullduggery went on but I'm not sure that it's as bad as it might be. Stuff like this sort of hints that to me, but the whole lot puts me off certain palitoys.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great to have this confirmed as a genuine combination. I picked one up at the last FF but was quite certain it was genuine.

Can't wait to see the FS thread, Iain! Palitoy, Trilogos, KayBee stickers: it's got the lot!

spoons

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
There's been much discussion about this one Iain, this proves it's defo a legit combination. I have the same one, was told it's a TT but the more I hear about them the more I'm convinced it's genuine. :) I think there are fake and genuine examples of this card bubble combo.

Good news Andy - do you think that there are fake ones still?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Nice find. Does the bubble seal have the 2 prong gaps at the bottom? The ones I've seen that I think are TT's had bubbles practically falling off and in the wrong position, and no prong gaps. I don't think anybody has ever said this combination of cardback and bubble are fake, there are legit Hoth Troopers and 3PO's out there too. Like all suspected TTs you have to take each one on its individual merits. If it was 100% obvious which were real and which weren't, the scandal wouldn't be a problem.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Robstyley said:

Good news Andy - do you think that there are fake ones still?

Yes it's on the list of overstock cardbacks that Tony acquired so I think there are fake and genuine ones.

Totally agree Edd, they're all production items that were sold so there must be real and fake ones out there of them all.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't think there was any kind of list of which bubbles he had, but bubbles were mentioned on "the list." I think the general consensus is he had some legit SW ones, and some non-SW ones that he used anyway.

spoons

Grand Master
These long ones are very distinctive and be good to know that they are are a legit tell

Robstyley

Sith Lord
spoons said:
These long ones are very distinctive and be good to know that they are are a legit tell

Apparently/allegedly he had overstock of this bubble and card and faked this correct card and bubble combo which is why it can be hard to tell real factory sealed from his homemade ones on this particular Chewie Palitoy longbubble.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
No worries mate, it's all opinion and hearsay anyway. Ive read loads of threads and info on the TT scandal. I can't speak for some of the other figure/card/bubble combos but for this one I think it's pretty much been proved now there are genuine factory sealed and later non factory sealed examples in circulation.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I never doubted the card that Iain bought a while back. This is a great nudge with this thread, and i for one think this confirms the fact that some people are looking way too far into this. Yes, Toni had loads of stuff, but to doubt every single one is a dangerous precedent.

Nice work Iain.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Cool.

I discovered only just recently for certain that one of mine definitely wasn't a TT, even though there was speculation it was. Always a nice find so congrats on that! 8)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Toni used the correct bubble on Chewbacca 65d. And pressing on the back of the card isn't a sure way of telling. Some Tonis have a bit of pressing on the back, some factory presses like this one are flat. Which leaves the bubble seal as the only way of telling. On Toni's weaker sealed bubbles you can tell, but on others they are much more like factory seals. We have to accept that on some of these MOCs we may just never know one way or the other.

cheers Jason

Starwarsaholic

Bringing this thread back to life with my Kaybee/Palitoy/NonTT Boba Fett.

I picked this guy up on a incorrectly advertised ebay sale last week and I couldn't be happier :)

Attachments

• IMG_2735.JPG
    IMG_2735.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2736.JPG
    IMG_2736.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2804.JPG
    IMG_2804.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2805.JPG
    IMG_2805.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2806.JPG
    IMG_2806.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 194
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom