More Repro Crap

itfciain

Grand Master
Look like 'friend' of the forum Mr Khaliq is getting into the repro game now as well ! Ormey has paved the way for others to follow !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Palitoy-30-Back-Boba-Fett-MOC-MIB-Carded-Custom-/191738326666?hash=item2ca47eae8a:g:BfgAAOSwEgVWR6en

"PLEASE NOTE - OUR CUSTOM CREATIONS ARE OF A VERY HIGH STANDARD WITH SHARP IMAGES, BRIGHT GLOSSY CARDS, PERFECTLY FORMED BUBBLES, AND CAREFULLY SELECTED VINTAGE FIGURES IN C9+ CONDITION. THESE LOOK REAL IN EVERY ASPECT THEY DISPLAY AMAZING. BE CAREFUL OF BUYING SUB STANDARD CUSTOMS FROM OTHER SELLERS, BUY IN CONFIDENCE FROM ACTIONFORCETOY"

This EXCLUSIVE card has been painstakingly created by actionforcetoys.com. Figure included is vintage. Vinyl cape is a reproduction along with the packaging, footplate, and bubble.
A real one of these is the most expensive Star Wars figure in existence, one recently went for £34,000! Get the next best thing which looks identical for a FRACTION of the cost.
These look REAL in every way, its hard to tell they are customs. Perfect gift for a loved one.

itfciain

Grand Master
And why is every repro card 'painstakingly' created - what would a repro card look like if it wasn't painstakingly created

Oh and this looks really **** too - so don't think enough pain went into it

lejackal

Grand Master
a) I never realised Boba Fett came with a cape
b) now I've turned around and closed my eyes he's right, they do look identical
c) Dickhead
d) Deckhead
e-z) I'm sure you can see the pattern forming

jayums

Jedi Master
If you were going to go to the trouble of making this, why would you make it look so crap? :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just more garbage, looks nothing like the real thing to anybody willing to put in 5 minutes research. Washed out colours, wrong card stock, poorly cut corners etc. Shame when somebody who claims to be a decent seller and ambassador of the hobby proves they are not.

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
That looks terrible.
Surely part of the appeal of sealed and carded figures is the chance of owning a piece of nostalgia, unopened since the time that it was sealed and shipped from the factory during its run. If I'm wrong, and the appeal for some people is purely a nice figure on a card, then maybe some of these will sell, but it's not for me.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Agreed, don't understand the mentality of the fools who buy these things. Like you say if owning the real deal isn't important to you, why not just walk in to Toys R Us and pay £10 for a VC MOC? The cardbacks are the same and much closer to the original stock, and they're a fraction of the price.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Oh FFS.. more rubbish. how can anyone making this crap not be fully aware that it will end up getting to a place (despite the fact that the BIN is already a rip-off) where someone will be seriously ripped off and loose a crazy ammount of cash due to this nonsense. The scruffy versions of these (where people have weathered and scrumpled the cardback/dented the bubble that are already doing the rounds) are without doubt where these will eventually go and then there's a real issue...

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
itfciain said:
And why is every repro card 'painstakingly' created - what would a repro card look like if it wasn't painstakingly created

Oh and this looks really **** too - so don't think enough pain went into it

I would like to painstakingly kick this guy in the nuts

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
ZERO effort went into producing this monstrosity. This belongs in one of those little black bags and shoved into a bin with the rest of the dog ****.

And at £79 it's expensive dog ****.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
I used to hit buy it now on these and string the seller along before not paying but unfortunately there are too many around these days.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
This kind of **** was being sold on Sunday. Some bloke had fake Yak Faces on fake cards, as well as a plethora of other fake figures. Garbage.

yoda

Sith Lord
The thing is he has listed it as not original. But some other dickhead will buy these to rip unsuspecting buyers off. It has already happened to me :evil:
Until I joined this forum I had no idea half this **** was going on. But now I learned the hard way. When I started to try and build a collection of my childhood figures I ended up buying a toy toni Han :roll: I still have him. It means nothing to me as I know its not original factory sealed but I will keep it because someone else will get ripped off ip it's put back into circulation again. I have to now slowly try and weed out if I have any repro weapons.
like me there are people out there who will genuinely buy these figures not knowing assholes are doing this.
It was my own fault for not researching these figures more but you don't suspect it until it's pointed out to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom