Star Wars Vintage in Manchester

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Aflecks Palace in Manchester, there is a seller on there I've been to a few times, really nice guy, has some vintage and loads of modern. Always been fair with me and seems a really trustworthy guy.

Spoken to the owner a few times, like I say he is a good guy and has a ton of stuff, if anyone is in Manchester, definitely look him up, large area with several Deltoffs full of vintage loosies
Some vintage 12 inch , ships, ewok villages etc.

Loads of modern as well for the modernistas.

Also other runs, DC etc

Sorry about the pics, taken with my phone :roll:

url=https://flic.kr/p/DXiSAD]
24911094809_14ea38100d_z.jpg
[/url]image by nmichael smith, on Flickr

url=https://flic.kr/p/DXiSAP]
24911094819_9fedbaeed8_z.jpg
[/url]image by michael smith, on Flickr

url=https://flic.kr/p/DXiSJp]
24911095259_52d0b663f6_z.jpg

image by michael smith, on Flickr

Also loose ships/ vehicles etc some boxed items, loose ewok villages etc

Tons of modern carded and tons of modern loose

url=https://flic.kr/p/EvNnG2]
25278783685_98bce1ae34_z.jpg

url=https://flic.kr/p/EvNnGc]
25278783695_624b3dc1c7_z.jpg

x-pack

Grand Master
Aflecks Palace. Went there last summer and saw one shop upstairs with mostly old Nintendo games, but also a few vintage figures. Nothing like this though. Nice spot Mike 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Third floor I think it was, I was too busy gasping for breath after climbing all the stairs :roll:

There is a Star Wars arcade game in there to play on as well 8)

The guy is a really nice bloke, had a couple of good chats with him, definitely recommend him to buy from, my dealings with him have been top drawer.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Excellent stuff. I work in Manchester so will head over there on Monday. Is he open every day do you know?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
How the hell did I miss this? Went just before xmas for the market and always head up to the palace - will make sure I seek it out next time - might be some variants in that lot I don't have...

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Agreed. Lovely chap. Was chatting to him in the Xmas holidays.

Mainly modern stock, the odd bit of vintage.. Thought it fascinating that most of his loose modern figures came direct from the Far East when each particular line ended. How do people hear about things like this??????

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Vintage loosies he had today, had well over 200 loads of rebel soldiers, Gammys han hoths etc, a lot of the little furry buggers as well! There will be variants in there for sure.
He has opened it up and the pitch is twice as big as it was.

Mr. Bob A. Feet

Jedi Knight
Ah Aflecks Palace many a misspent day there. A great place to visit vintage or not! but the next time I'm visiting I'll be sure check this out! 8)

x-pack

Grand Master
I love the poster and badge shop in there. There's also a small stall selling some smart clothing. They had a cool modern type mod jacket last time I went. So tempted

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think he sells on eBay occasionally, he said in an item description that he was selling there, been looking for a reason to go to Manchester just so I could go in!! Nothing beats buying vintage in the flesh, dunno why?? Good luck to him!!

starman11

Padawan
hi guys hope you don't mind me sayin im based in Manchester and selling my collection if your in the area. check out my threads in the forsale section,will be adding some more soon thanks

SpaceViking

Youngling
It's a good place, know it well but I don't get to Manchester much, so not seen it recently. I've never spoken to the man before, but the place is over-stuffed with game memorabilia as well as figures, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Looks okay though, with plenty, and I mean plenty to look through. You could be there a while and I agree about those stairs :D

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
I went there yesterday. What a nice friendly chap Marcus the owner is.

Alas he told me most of his best vintage loose was sold off a few months ago, but he still has a lot of ESB and Jedi figures for sale and quite a few are in decent condition but not complete. He does get more in from time to time so well worth paying him a visit particularly if you collect modern stuff including a large selection of Galactic Heroes. It's all very well organised.

Mike's pictures have pretty much captured his entire inventory which are in the glass cases only.

Cheers Mike for the tip. :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Popped back in this week had a good chat.

Quite a number of Jedi and ESB loose, and loads of modern. There are a number of incomplete mini rigs, snowspeeder etc hanging from the ceiling and odd bits of other vintage.
He gets vintage in but it goes pretty quickly.

Lovely guy to deal with, definitely worth a look in if your in Manchester.

Picked these up there

url=https://flic.kr/p/Ghf1GH]
26438068585_56e5dfba61_k.jpg

x-pack

Grand Master
Great pick ups Mike. Is this the same guy who sells all the old console stuff? I saw a stall with a couple of glass cases containing loose SW, but the shop had tons and tons and old games and consoles. Good shop :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom