Header image

Were you happy with vectis`s descriptions...

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Were you happy with vectis`s descriptions...

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:38 am

Mr-shifter wrote:I'm looking forward to your threads on u grading, which will then probably be followed up by a thread on how you really want to open a moc to get the feeling of being a kid again.

That can only mean we've already had the enquiry about the excellent quality and painstakingly assembled repro shite from Spain, then?

jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby jedisearcher » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:43 am

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
Mr-shifter wrote:I'm looking forward to your threads on u grading, which will then probably be followed up by a thread on how you really want to open a moc to get the feeling of being a kid again.

That can only mean we've already had the enquiry about the excellent quality and painstakingly assembled repro shite from Spain, then?

Oo oo do you have a link for those!?!
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

sith-smith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby sith-smith » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:54 am

In general I've been ok with their descriptions.

I don't think they intentionally mislead, but at times there are things that perhaps an experienced collector would look for or consider an issue which they might not.

That said, all you have to do is ask for extra pictures and you'll get plenty.

If it were a serious item you'd be crazy not to ask for more, just as if you were buying from a private individual
martial arts, death, killing stuff......crazy fucking ninja.

MY FEEDBACK

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Never had any issue with their listing's descriptions, everything I have bought has lived up to expectations.
They used to be painfully slow delivering, but in the past couple of years that has massively improved and is no longer an issue.
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby tiefighterboy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Maybe a solution to erection issues.

TEEBO1979
Regular
Regular

Postby TEEBO1979 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:28 pm

HI
I JUST PICKED UP MY ITEMS FROM LAST WEDNESDAY YESTERDAY AND WAS RATHER DISAPPOINTED WITH THE DESCRIPTION OF MOST OF THE FIGURES. TWO HAD BUBBLE CRACKS WHICH WAS NOT LISTED IN THE DESCRIPTION AND TWO WERE DESCRIBED AS MINT FIGURES BUT ON HAS PAINT LOSS AND THE OTHER FROSTING. SO THEY COULD HAVE BEEN ALOT BETTER. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I GOT ONE WHICH WAS BETTER THEN DESCRIBED.

THIS WAS MY FIRST AUCTION SO IN THE FUTURE I WILL BE STUDYING THE PHOTOS WITH GREATER CARE.

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:35 pm

TEEBO1979 wrote:HI
I JUST PICKED UP MY ITEMS FROM LAST WEDNESDAY YESTERDAY AND WAS RATHER DISAPPOINTED WITH THE DESCRIPTION OF MOST OF THE FIGURES. TWO HAD BUBBLE CRACKS WHICH WAS NOT LISTED IN THE DESCRIPTION AND TWO WERE DESCRIBED AS MINT FIGURES BUT ON HAS PAINT LOSS AND THE OTHER FROSTING. SO THEY COULD HAVE BEEN ALOT BETTER. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I GOT ONE WHICH WAS BETTER THEN DESCRIBED.

THIS WAS MY FIRST AUCTION SO IN THE FUTURE I WILL BE STUDYING THE PHOTOS WITH GREATER CARE.

Interesting. I wouldn't have accepted the bubble cracks unless described as having such. A bubble crack is tantamount to PoP removal, to me!

TEEBO1979
Regular
Regular

Postby TEEBO1979 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:47 pm

They came in group sets and the others were better than what I expected. Properly just me being soft and not arguing the toss. But I will be take more time looking at the photos and asking more questions about the lots next time.

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby steve obi wan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Don't accept them if not included in the description
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

Cymonguk
Regular
Regular

Postby Cymonguk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:50 pm

I would suggest contacting them they appear to be very fair

TEEBO1979
Regular
Regular

Postby TEEBO1979 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:30 pm

I will speak to them tomorrow. I will let you know how I get on.

Cymonguk
Regular
Regular

Postby Cymonguk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:04 pm

Be fair and explain the issue, take lots of pics, explain the issue calmly and nicely at first. Give them a chance to repair the issue. Explain how much you think it is worth based on similar items of that quality (maybe get help by asking on here for a valuation?)

TEEBO1979
Regular
Regular

Postby TEEBO1979 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:03 am

Hello

I spoke to a most helpful gentleman called John who told me that a refund would be sorted out for me. So thanks again for the advice.
He also told me that he thinks it is unlikely that there will be anymore star wars items in the next Beech Auction as the items in the last auction he came across by chance in a random box under i think he said curtains.
So i am over the moon i pick up some of these items at the last auction most of all the Bike scout i got from one of the lots.

So to recap i am more than happy with the service from Vectis.

Cheers Paul

Cymonguk
Regular
Regular

Postby Cymonguk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:11 am

Good news and props to Vectis. It's frustrating when people get things wrong, but more important they make it right where possible, they have huge lots of stuff to sell so I suppose we should expect the odd problems.

indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby indianawars » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:46 pm

I'm pleased for you with the good outcome... I have noticed that Vectis tend to over use the term excellent to describe items that in my opinion are not, but then again they sometimes under grade things - I guess the safest way to know exactly what you are getting is to be there in person.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”