best material / glue to use for resealing

starwarsfan72

Padawan
Just a quick question what's the best material / glue to use for resealing original card and bubble ? Been collecting moc for a while now and started to look down the original reseal & beater avenue for own personal collection.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
starwarsfan72 said:
Just a quick question what's the best material / glue to use for resealing original card and bubble ? Been collecting moc for a while now and started to look down the original reseal & beater avenue for own personal collection.

Ask Toy Toni he may have perfected it after a 1000 attempts.

starwarsfan72

Padawan
Thanks for the positive feedback gentlemen. Lol
Bit undecided on whether to use pva or scotch tape .
Just thought someone may have had a alternative. :D

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Here is the best method I have ever seen to deal with gluing a bubble back on the card back:

(1) Find a brick wall

(2) Bring your head as far back as you can

(3) Bash said head into said wall

(4) Repeat as many times as necessary until you no longer want to glue a bubble back onto a card back

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
starwarsfan72 said:
Thanks Ross for that suggestion, think I'll stick with Edd's toploader method :D

Lol. Just having a laugh. Certainly don't glue it back on for many reasons. And I totally concur that the top loader method is the way to go. Good luck man.

Palifan

Sith Lord
starwarsfan72 said:

Hi and welcome!

I would go with glue but use it very sparingly so as not to get the card to wet (which could cause rippling). Tape will always dry out over time and probably go yellow. Also I would try to just glue behind where any paper is left on the bubble ( if it's the bubble area you want to re-stick), as you will probably see the glue behind any areas that are clear on the bubble.

As for reseals, I don't think they look too bad to me :wink:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13119

Ian

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
starwarsfan72 said:

Hi and welcome!

I would go with glue but use it very sparingly so as not to get the card to wet (which could cause rippling). Tape will always dry out over time and probably go yellow. Also I would try to just glue behind where any paper is left on the bubble ( if it's the bubble area you want to re-stick), as you will probably see the glue behind any areas that are clear on the bubble.

As for reseals, I don't think they look too bad to me :wink:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13119

Ian

For me reseals will allow me to collect, completely understand why most think recarding is a big no no....but personally I see it as restoring vintage pieces...keeping them together. I would love to own the real McCoy but currenly funds are not available. :(

Recently I took great pleasure in resealing a EV-9D9 Tri-logo. I picked him up from evilbay a few years back for the pricey sum of £42. He had his bubble still attached and the card was in great condition, Originally the figure went into my loose collection and the card put into my bottom draw, I was recently contemplating selling to fund another loose purchase, however after viewing Palifan superb recarded focus :wink: , and a few conversations with Michael Sith, I was inspired to have a go myself and started my first resealing project. I was well chuffed with the results and it displays really well. :D....just means i need to find another EV-9D9 for my loose run.

Back to the point on the best glue to use....well I used a spot of UHU All Purpose Adhesive on the paper left on the bubble and moved into position, you can get a big tube from poundland, it dries clear and easy to remove if there is any excess residue. I used to use this glue back in the day @ art college and is great for sorts of craft/design projects.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Reseals for me are also a great way to collect on a budget, Repro cards and bubbles are a definite no no :twisted:
I have found simple craft glue like UHU mentioned works fine, but toploader looks brilliant as well.

decipher28

Padawan
Not a fan of reseals for a number of reasons,but if somebody wants to go that route the most sympathetic way of preserving it would be the toploader method which has been linked to.Looks to be a more professional approach and one that certainly won't run the risk of potentionally doing further damage to a card where as glues/adhesive could in the future have a detrimental effect.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
There is nothing wrong with resealed figures. Repro cardbacks are a different story.

Exactly. Its time the people trying to 'police' the hobby and push their ideas shut their trap. There is nothing wrong with resealing an all original figure, repros are different altogether.

Perhaps the people pricing the hobby out of the market should bang their head against a brick wall and stop playing over inflated prices - i.e. the Facebook brigade :roll: :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom