Header image

Vintage SW is still affordable - £50 or less MOCs latest acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Bunglebubs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: Vintage SW is still affordable - £50 or less MOCs latest acquisitions

Postby Bunglebubs » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Lindo wrote:I think it is called farthest from because it couldn't get much farther away from us northern boys :(

Couldn't have said it better myself, although you are still southern to me as well :wink:
There is no spoon!

r5-d4cus
New User
New User

Postby r5-d4cus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:22 pm

No, it's a standard punch on the card, just perspective and a bit of wear on the punch making it look like that :)

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:38 pm

£60 for Vader, and some joker is trying to sell a graded one for $1500 on Facebook :lol:

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:14 pm

subzero wrote:I know they're over £50 but it's close and still an amazing bargain, 2 weeks ago I managed to get Obi Wan ( trilogo ), Darth Vader and R2D2 all 3 ROTJ MOC's in great condition for £60 each.

A month ago I also got hold of a Ree Yees MOC in fairly nice cond for about £35, it's one of the cheapest MOC's you can buy but still a very nice figure to own and display and I love it.

Oh and last week got an excellent score of a trilogo unpainted knee Boba Fett ( loose ) in near mint cond... for £50 :mrgreen:

Sorry no pic of Fett as he's still on his way from the US.

£60.00 each is amazing, well done, I assume that this was not from eBay or FB.
I picked this up a while ago £35.00
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:10 am

This was £60 but take off £5 for postage and £2 for the starcase and a bit of Star Wars special maths that's fifty quid in my book :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:33 am

Nice Lando and good price, I also sometimes use the 'special maths' to take £'s away from what I paid for the figure, makes the purchase 'easier' in my mind :lol:
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 am

Ahhh... the Star Wars Special Maths. What would we do without it?

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Whilst very common on the Palitoy 45a cardback (making it pretty much the second most common 45a after BBG) the AT-AT Driver is a fair bit harder to find on the 45b cardback. So much so I can't find any recent sales for one, although Vectis's search engine for previous sales is one step up from completely bloody useless so that may have something to do with it. However, I could also only find one cardback on eBay for sale or sold, so the 45b must be a bit of a bugger to find.

When this yellowed bubble example came up I was happy to have a go at it and a winning bid of £47 secured it, much to my surprise. (OK so postage took it over the £50 but I'm not counting that :D)

image.jpg

r5-d4cus
New User
New User

Postby r5-d4cus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:04 pm

That's a great result, bargain!

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:54 am

I wouldn't even call that bubble 'yellowed' in my eyes, it only has a tiny hint of yellowing and it actually looks really nice and clear apart from that.

Nice example! 8)
Last edited by subzero on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:35 am

What a beauty!

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:19 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:When this yellowed bubble example came up I was happy to have a go at it and a winning bid of £47 secured it, much to my surprise. (OK so postage took it over the £50 but I'm not counting that :D)

image.jpg

Thats the special Star wars maths again. :D
I honestly don't know how you find these bargains on eBay (and I am sure your not going to tell me :? ), I scour eBay every evening and never saw this one, well done, wish I knew your tricks!

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Did you 'mind trick' the seller? :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:59 pm

Mini99 wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:When this yellowed bubble example came up I was happy to have a go at it and a winning bid of £47 secured it, much to my surprise. (OK so postage took it over the £50 but I'm not counting that :D)

image.jpg

I honestly don't know how you find these bargains on eBay (and I am sure your not going to tell me :? ), I scour eBay every evening and never saw this one, well done, wish I knew your tricks!

I failed maths A-level for good reason :D

No tricks, I swear. This one was listed as "Star Wars Empire Palitoy AT-AT Commander". I find a lot more obscurely misted stuff which I think I'll get for a fair price and end up selling for more than it's worth. It's just a numbers game, I guess. I see stuff others find and wonder how the hell they found it, so I know where you're coming from, but with this one there was no trick. Promise!

subzero wrote:I wouldn't even call that bubble 'yellowed' in my eyes, it only has a tiny hint of yellowing and it actually looks really nice and clear apart from that.

Nice example! 8)

I think the lighting was kind on it on the above photo :)

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:36 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
Mini99 wrote:

image.jpg

I failed maths A-level for good reason :D

No tricks, I swear. This one was listed as "Star Wars Empire Palitoy AT-AT Commander". I find a lot more obscurely misted stuff which I think I'll get for a fair price and end up selling for more than it's worth. It's just a numbers game, I guess. I see stuff others find and wonder how the hell they found it, so I know where you're coming from, but with this one there was no trick. Promise!

subzero wrote:I wouldn't even call that bubble 'yellowed' in my eyes, it only has a tiny hint of yellowing and it actually looks really nice and clear apart from that.

Nice example! 8)

I think the lighting was kind on it on the above photo :)

Thanks for your honest reply, it's funny how many on here failed maths. :lol:
Well however you found it, I certainly missed it, if you ever are thinking of moving it on, I will happily put this in my collection for lets say £48.50! :roll:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”