prices of the Kellerman book on amazon....

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
I was just browsing on amazon and thought to check for the Vintage Star Wars guide by John Kelleman.
seems they have quite a bunch of them listed for sale..... but don't think they'll be selling any at those prices though. :lol:

amazon_zpsmowfrdq0.jpg

poncho

Grand Master
:eek: those prices

You know what saddens me he is that kellerman sold these cheap to distributors towards the end of the publishing run too claw money back he put into making it.

He is now quite ill these days i believe :( hence why a second edition has been years in the pipeline....

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Remember buying two copies for £10 each in Forbidden Planet. They could barely give them away at the time. Sadly have neither left!

Why can't they just do a re-print of it?! Surely at the prices they are going for there must be some backing.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
The lower end one on that list (c£250-275) has been 'ball-park' asking price to see on eBay or FB for 18 months or more.. it is without doubt a brilliant book, so much detail and so much information, BUT, its a high priced purchase even at the low end and is a book really worth that much, I'm not sure.
As with everything at the moment, prices are just bonkers! :roll:

lejackal

Grand Master
Ebay completed sales seem to have these at £120 to £200, still a lot obviously but better than Amazon

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Ebay completed sales seem to have these at £120 to £200, still a lot obviously but better than Amazon

Fair point, asking and getting are indeed two different things :wink:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
lejackal said:

Agree, I think prices have come down a little for this recently, have seen a few go for £150. Keep being tempted to pull the trigger on this.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
i don't doubt it's credentials and originality but, having never seen it, does it still have information repeated elsewhere since that many of us would know? Or has much of the information been superseded?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Why hasn't it been reprinted? Surely the time is right? They'd make a mint?! I'd love a copy.

decipher28

Padawan
It still surprises me how much this book can go for.Glad I got mine when it first came out.I think it is the ultimate accolade to have a book that has become a collectable in it's own right! John kellerman should be proud of that.

For me it is a wonderfully put together guide with great topics,lovely colour photos,informative text,and brilliant data especially proof card matrix.

If you've never read or seen it you would definitely learn something new from it.shame it's quite expensive now though.

As for a reprint yes the demand is there,but it would still require quite a lot of effort to make it happen.It is quite well documented the trouble john had with backers/financiers,publishers,distributors,etc.when doing the book.

Jez

Sith Lord
I think i turned down one for about £85 in 2009/2010 as i was waiting for the second edition to come out even then :roll:
That price is fecking ridiculous especially with the fantastic community that we have here where questions are readily answered.

decipher28

Padawan
^ can see why that went one for a bit more than usual.The signature and outer box plus the pristine condition help it to bring top dollar.Thing is with it being that mint would you use it or baby it?

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Must have been about 12 years ago when I looked at a copy in London's forbidden planet...and left empty handed.
No way I could pay the prices now.
So, without straying off topic too much, what are the next best alternatives?
I've got Bellomo's "Ultimate Guide..." and Sansweet's Ultimate Action Figure book.
Any more to be on the lookout for?

Kenner76

Padawan
Those prices are a bit high, but I sold my mint copy with original mailer on FB not too long ago for $300 shipped. It would be really nice if the 2nd edition came out one of these days.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom