General Madine Figure Focus

lejackal

Grand Master
Okay, now you've picked yourself up off the floor and stopped laughing does anyone

A) know of one?

B) know of any major expensive cards in putting a few together, apart from the obvious trilogo 'ahem' issue?

lejackal

Grand Master
:lol: I can't see there being much competition if I do go for a couple and I always remember playing with him as a kid

sith-smith

Grand Master
There's no reason why you can't focus on any character.

Madine was the first ROTJ figure I bought.

Gutted to discover my neighbour had bought a biker scout!

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
There is a Toltoys version that will be reasonably tough to get. In fact I think there is even a variant of the 65back Toltoys Madine.

starwarssales_0004.jpg

Got this photo from an old Sale Thread here on SWFUK.

But apart fro the Tri-logo version, what else is out there? Is he on a Canadian card? Meccano ROTJ? Does anyone know?

Cheers
Pat

Hooch

Jedi Knight
I do remember seeing someone with a small focus of him, cant remember who though. I remember seeing pic of a triple offer card plus a few more around it
Besides the Trilogo I would think maybe a Toltoys would be a tad on the expensive side

lejackal

Grand Master
All I've found so far are offer variants 65/77 and a clipper one so I think this could be fairly cheap to put together a few cards. I definitely cannot afford a Tri even if one could be unlocked from a collection and I assume Toltoys would be high 3 or even 4 figures based on what I've sen for other characters so certainly wouldn't be rushing for that either.
That said, never say never.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Go for it...!

Some really cool pieces out there. Like any Focus I've put together, the fun I found was hunting down all the different cardback etc. It's a great buzz when you find something unique to add to the collection.
Here's just a sample of what a quick search uncovered, Offer cards, twin packs, Clipper, Meccano ....loads to aim for with old Maddy.... :D
IMG_20160415_092935.jpg

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I have a nice clipper sticker madine. He's not for sale but was not unreasonably priced. Mine is a palitoy cardback. The one Jeff has a photo of is Kenner so there's 2 more!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
He's on tonnes of those Kaybee two packs, could pick up some interesting combinations, that would bolster a Madine focus.

Ben do you know if he has many variations to his battle staff?

lejackal

Grand Master
Stuart Skinner said:
He's on tonnes of those Kaybee two packs, could pick up some interesting combinations, that would bolster a Madine focus.

Ben do you know if he has many variations to his battle staff?
There are 2 on TIG, also surprisingly given how modestly priced original Kenner and Palitoy you can still find painstakingly and professionally resealed ones :roll:

mumbo

Sith Lord
Nothing wrong with Madine, ok not the most exciting play figure but you don't buy to play now and there looks to be plenty of buying options :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I think its a cool idea, not everything has to be based around an exciting film character and if you like the figure you're 90% there anyway.

Does he appear on any vehicle boxes? Maybe a rebel transport? Twin packs are a perfect thing to go after and he isn't (generally) in the expensive ones either. Check out Frank's baggie guide as well as I expect he is in a few baggie variants.

Of course, he'd make a great Michael Sith illustration piece too! :D :D

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
He's on the bi logo y wing box. He's also on the trilogo y wing box but you'll probably have better luck finding a case of madine trilogo mocs it's so rare.

Interesting note, madine has a beard because kenner requested this from lucasfilm as they were already too far into the development when they visited set. His beard had always freaked me out but I can't tell if it was stuck on.

and I've never heard his stick referred to as a battle staff!

lejackal

Grand Master
And budget wise this will allow me to easily add something every month without having to spend everything on Madine

olisuds

Sith Lord
The Lili Ledy one would no doubt be expensive and hard to get hold of and most of the pre production stuff is very hard to come by or tied up already. Still, you shouldn't let that hold you back. If you have a desire to focus on that character go for it and don't worry about what other people are doing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom