Header image

So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1516
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:08 pm

So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby stormcab » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:48 am

First one I haven't bought anything from for nearly a year. Basically a combination of no funds and there being nothing I was really interested in. First thing of note was the 12/30 Back Palitoys showing no signs of slowing down. The Tusken Raider caught my eye. £1250 with fees! One with straight 85s went on eBay recently for under £900.

User avatar
jedi_mister
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby jedi_mister » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:37 am

I put a cheeky bid on that late Wednesday night basing it on previous vectis sales and at that point mine was the highest bid. Still wasn't expecting to win it but was shocked that the hammer price was a £1,000! The description didn't match the picture which showed a 12a and not a 12b so that may have driven the price a bit. You can only assume somebody got carried away and are not aware of vectis fees. It's only a tusken raider ;-)
Looking for the following MOCs:
R2-D2 Popup Lightsaber Trilogo

User avatar
steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2848
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:51 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby steve obi wan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:47 am

The prices were crazy !
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

threaders20
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:53 am

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby threaders20 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:34 am

It's the second time I've used vectis and I find it pretty good as I'm trying to put together a moc run of all figures but on the cheapest cards with clear bubbles.
I've set a limit of under £140 for any figure and yesturday I got another four Mocs with the best one being a tri logo Han bespin :)
I did have a bid on the vinyl Jawa but it went over my bid. Would like to know what it went for?
I also liked the tri logo boxed ewok village too. Early Mocs and palitoys are way over what I can afford :(

currymonster6290
Regular
Regular
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:02 pm

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby currymonster6290 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:30 am

landed a force lightsaber display stand for £100 and fees :D
had no intention of buying but it was going to be knocked
down at £90 so one bid won it for me!

punk_pat
Regular
Regular
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby punk_pat » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 am

The least inspiring Vectis Star Wars auction I've seen - watched online but didn't have a bid.

Amazes me how people continue to pay more money for worse condition items that you can easily get on eBay!

That Boba MOC missing the rocket was interesting though...

User avatar
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 6067
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:35 am

Put a few lowball bids on and din't win anything, but as others have said it was pretty poor compared to some of their recent sales, nothing I really needed.

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1516
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby stormcab » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:40 pm

punk_pat wrote:The least inspiring Vectis Star Wars auction I've seen - watched online but didn't have a bid.

Amazes me how people continue to pay more money for worse condition items that you can easily get on eBay!

That Boba MOC missing the rocket was interesting though...


Maybe the craziness of the first big Palitoy one last year was because people thought that's all there was, and maybe this one with figures in less desirable condition caused a similar effect as it maybe appears to people that the numbers are now really drying up - so grab anything you can? Who knows.

User avatar
Bootyhunter
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby Bootyhunter » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:51 pm

How much did that melted rocket fett go for?

User avatar
olisuds
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 922
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:46 am
Location: U.K.

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby olisuds » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:56 pm

£420 i think. So the figure was legit? It wasn't very clear.
WTB: R5-D4 Proof Cards & Cromalins
Looking for R5-D4 ESB 48c back proof card (Admiral Ackbar offer)!!
Looking for R5-D4 POTF cromalin!!

User avatar
Ross_Barr
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:25 am

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby Ross_Barr » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:01 pm

edd_jedi wrote:Put a few lowball bids on and din't win anything, but as others have said it was pretty poor compared to some of their recent sales, nothing I really needed.


Agreed. Thought it was a snoozer other than the missing rocket Fett.

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby maxf » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:27 pm

olisuds wrote:£420 i think. So the figure was legit? It wasn't very clear.


Can't have been or it wouldn't been refused by AFA. It had a real rocket with it, but they can be bought separately easily enough.
Looking for Palitoy mailers and MOCs...

Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

User avatar
Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 919
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:32 pm

currymonster6290 wrote:landed a force lightsaber display stand for £100 and fees :D
had no intention of buying but it was going to be knocked
down at £90 so one bid won it for me!


That was my one!

Congrats on a great price, I had originally paid double that last year so I took a right drubbing. Doubt i'll ever be selling through Vectis again!!

User avatar
olisuds
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 922
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:46 am
Location: U.K.

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby olisuds » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:38 pm

maxf wrote:
olisuds wrote:£420 i think. So the figure was legit? It wasn't very clear.


Can't have been or it wouldn't been refused by AFA. It had a real rocket with it, but they can be bought separately easily enough.


I could be wrong because the listing wasn't very clear but I gather the figure was a legit RF Fett but it had been tampered with to fit a repro firing mechanism inside. The rocket that came with it had sold separately previously last year. Like i said i could have got that completely wrong so please someone correct me if I have. lol
WTB: R5-D4 Proof Cards & Cromalins
Looking for R5-D4 ESB 48c back proof card (Admiral Ackbar offer)!!
Looking for R5-D4 POTF cromalin!!

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 880
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Re: So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

Postby maxf » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:17 pm

olisuds wrote:
maxf wrote:
olisuds wrote:£420 i think. So the figure was legit? It wasn't very clear.


Can't have been or it wouldn't been refused by AFA. It had a real rocket with it, but they can be bought separately easily enough.


I could be wrong because the listing wasn't very clear but I gather the figure was a legit RF Fett but it had been tampered with to fit a repro firing mechanism inside. The rocket that came with it had sold separately previously last year. Like i said i could have got that completely wrong so please someone correct me if I have. lol


It's ambiguous - which as we know in an auction means it's not right. Even if it was genuine - without Afa/Derby/Chris G giving it the sign of approval it's worthless anyway imo.
Looking for Palitoy mailers and MOCs...

Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests