Vintage Star Wars Comic ads...

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Looking for anyones help or knowledge on this....I'm wondering does anyone know what Comic titles ran the vintage Star Wars ads.
The one below was found in a 'Roy of the Rovers' comic so obviously they had some in the early 80's.
I think i found some before in the 'Battle' comic.

Were there early SW ads in other UK titles like 'Warlord' 'Victor' etc in the late 70's early 80's ...Appreciate any help.
IMG_20160520_152516.jpg

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I think a fair few of the DC Thompson and Marvel UK titles carried these ads. They certainly appeared in Marvel's 'Doctor Who Monthly'. I found this link which adds a few other titles to the list.

https://thevintagetoyadvertiser.org/2013/08/17/uk-star-wars-ads-1977-to-1984-palitoy-and-friends/

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I acquired a large amount of scans of the UK SW comic. As I am going through them, I'm copying any SW related ads. I'll put it together as a makeshift e-comic and share it when I'm done. It'll be full of British goodness from Palitoy to Helix.

Does anyone else collect scans of the comics? I've found everything up to 1983 but would love the rest if anyone has such things.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Posted this some time ago its Tiger 10/07/1982, only cost me some packs of monster munch for a girl at work as she knew I was into vintage star wars, thought at first she had a nice loft find but well happy with this :D looks nice in the den

Attachments

• DSCF0526.JPG
    DSCF0526.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 433
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom