Big Multi Pack Mystery - help needed!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
WE HAVE A MYSTERY!!

A fed days ago a parcel arrived at mine for one of the other members on the FB baggie group I help run, it's an item they just bought on ebay, it was a Brown box MP that was up a week or so back which I saw myself, the listing confirmed the seller had no idea about it & had been told the 2 baggies which are with it may well be the wrong ones for the pack, now the important last part of the code is missing on the box which is making an I.D problematic at best,
I have all the brown box mailers in hand bar the 16 pack which I think we can count out lol & the 3 x Jawa's 1 Tusken raider pack which has to date never surfaced.

The box dimensions are different to any of the known packs 131 x 53 x 40 MM & the final digit you can only partially see on the box would seem to be curved at the bottom most likely indicating it was a 3.5,6 or 8, a 6 would be the following number in line for the 3 x jawa 1 x tusken pack, but with no examples having ever been found could this be that missing link?? or is this not a star wars mailer box at all & actually part of some other toy line??

Interestingly the SW-d stormtrooper baggie has the weapon loose inside the bag, IE no small baggie for it as is normally found & due to that the stormtrooper is actually nice & white still with no inner baggie for the plastics to react with.
Can anyone out there shed some light on this??

IMGP1284_zpsty6zjlfz.jpg

IMGP1283_zpswuqx5zal.jpg

IMGP1283%20-%20Copy_zpsjvvhro7o.jpg

IMGP1282_zpse84nvbbf.jpg

IMGP1281_zpsf0ylqwnp.jpg

IMGP1280_zpshdjkswxu.jpg

copy_zpstsne0dik.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
My money is on a die cast ship box

The sticker is odd, but the I think 49-59445 is the Falcon mailer, 446 Y Wing and 447 Imperial Cruiser

Normally they are printed black on the box. I've not seen the blue ink and sticker before but could be the die cast Canadian mailer?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Stargeezer said:
I have no idea, but i just wanted to point out that the last number also could have been a "9".

Andy Raymond checked out all numbers used by sears for these packs at the time & we have narrowed it down to only 3 which are 1, 5, or 6 & I think we can rule out number 1, but indeed it could also have been 0 - not on the ball at all was I :oops: :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
spoons said:
My money is on a die cast ship box

The sticker is odd, but the I think 49-59445 is the Falcon mailer, 446 Y Wing and 447 Imperial Cruiser

Normally they are printed black on the box. I've not seen the blue ink and sticker before but could be the die cast Canadian mailer?

This was one of my notions as well Andy, but after speaking with a few guys I dismissed it, as the numbers are always printed on the box or have nothing on at all, but I am keeping an open mind as you never know.

Has anyone got the die cast mailer boxes they can measure?? I know it's not the landspeeder as I have one

spoons

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Has anyone got the die cast mailer boxes they can measure?? I know it's not the landspeeder as I have one

I've asked the question and apparently Falcon is 114.5 x 38 x 152

Imperial Cruiser 108 x 63 x 178

I'd guess the Y-Wing is similar to the Imp Cruiser so they are all to big.

I'll check my TIE but it looks like its not a dc box

spoons

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
WE HAVE A MYSTERY!!
The box dimensions are different to any of the known packs 131 x 53 x 40 MM

As a thought are those dimensions right - the box doesn't look more than twice as long as it is wide?

Still think you could be missing two digits which would put it in the dc range

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Theres another posting where a chap is selling his millenium falcon and on the front is a sticker saying comes with a darth and stormtrooper bagged figure. Could it be from that set?

Robert.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
thanks for the input guys, it's now looking like it could well be for the vader & 3 stormies pack, but no other example is know to exist so still no way to confirm 100%, but with the code & a vader & stormie already with it, it's looking a distinct possibility.

poncho

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
thanks for the input guys, it's now looking like it could well be for the vader & 3 stormies pack, but no other example is know to exist so still no way to confirm 100%, but with the code & a vader & stormie already with it, it's looking a distinct possibility.

this one frank?

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=38069

sears-4959415.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom