Darth Vader tour photos wanted

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
I'm assembling the photos for my book and I'd like to include one of Darth Vader on tour in 1983. If anyone has a photo of Darth that they own, I'd be very interested.

Photos of shop interiors with Star Wars, cinemas showing the film, carnival floats and people dressing up are also top of my list.

Thanks,

Craig.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I only have 2 photos of star wars in my childhood and I'm not in either of them!

Anyway here you go Craig, darth vader in Trents, Swindon, that granny bouffant kind of makes up for it.

20150228_145219_zpszxbtbahm.jpg

20150228_145300_zpsfsg1v3l6.jpg

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
I met one of the Vaders in Alders in Croydon on Thursday 28th July 1983; Dad worked in Croydon so came and met Mum and I. Vader signed a MOC that Mum grabbed off the shelf and I got a photo with him in which I look terrified! Then we paid for the MOC and asked the cashier if we could have one of the event shop displays (despite it being around 3 feet high) and he said yes as they couldn't reuse then since they were dated.

And I still have these 3 things to this day (so can take better photos if you'd like).

450D5F5A-0962-4A8A-B90B-EA6FB2A67F4C_zpszj2iujpj.jpg

D1DA6EC7-5038-4C89-93A8-169FA2A90F18_zpslaquuwo4.jpg

B7ECEF01-1438-4D13-BB3E-AA408E63D008_zpsyhwupqae.jpg

17FFF9B1-DCFA-4DB7-8014-96D065573861_zpsjhcuqtec.jpg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
One of the coolest posts I've seen, to have a signed MOC (by Darth Vader, none of this Dave Prowse rubbish!), a photo, and a store display from the event. What a trilogy of really cool items! Thanks for sharing.

Joe

Grand Master
Crikey Martin, that's an epic set of childhood items! Wow! Did your parents keep literally everything??? :shock:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Amazing, I love it when people casually drop priceless items on here :)

I don't "own" this photo so not sure if you can use it, but I was sent it by a guy I knew on a car forum about 10 years ago. He's not in to Star Wars anymore, he just saw I was and sent me this photo.

liquid_e36coupe_starwars.jpg

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Joe said:
Crikey Martin, that's an epic set of childhood items! Wow! Did your parents keep literally everything??? :shock:
In a nutshell mate, yes! I am incredibly fortunate to still have all the good stuff from my childhood but it's also the reason that I have soooo much rubbish and tat from my childhood kicking around as well!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
8) priceless fantastic that these were held on to, clever parents :D
Great pieces for your collection don't get any better than this :D

Edd... That pic is brilliant, the guy coming through the door " I'm a grown man, Darth who?.....oh wait a minute" :lol:

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
All of these pictures a brilliant. Talk about a snapshot in time.

Darth Vader really does seem to have visited some small places, not just the big stores.

I have that palitoy jedi store display poster that's in the background. will see if
I can get some pics posted.

Clarkspie&chips said:
I only have 2 photos of star wars in my childhood and I'm not in either of them!

Anyway here you go Craig, darth vader in Trents, Swindon, that granny bouffant kind of makes up for it.

20150228_145219_zpszxbtbahm.jpg

20150228_145300_zpsfsg1v3l6.jpg

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Dear God, please make someone have pictures from the Glasgow Jolly Giant. I went to the appropriate picture album to find that I'd removed them for whatever bloody purpose. Probably for safe keeping. Piss.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Craig, got your PM about on hold messages. Not much point replying to your PM as you won't be able to read it :lol:

You need to delete some old PMs and then click the "release on hold private messages" button in your inbox.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Martin, just bloody brilliant! That's a holy trinity of bloody brilliant things. All I ha e left of Vader's visit to Cybi News in Holyhead is the memory of not getting anywhere near the shop. It must have been 20 kids deep outside the shop. Luckily Vader stayed out on the street otherwise I wouldn't have even seen him. I was mad. But not much happened in Holyhead so it's hardly surprising.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
Craig, got your PM about on hold messages. Not much point replying to your PM as you won't be able to read it :lol:

You need to delete some old PMs and then click the "release on hold private messages" button in your inbox.

I am under the maximum amount of messages now, as I have been all day today. How many do I need to delete? This is very serious.

I'm guilty of keeping hold of old messages but many are very useful, as they contain links, etc.

Joe

Grand Master
Craig, you should still be able to create extra storage for your messages just by creating new folders. Have a read here: http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10421

If it still works then you can potentially store 1000 messages instead of just 200 (your inbox plus 4 storage folders).

Section 8

Sith Lord
D Vader also signed this for either me or my brother. I have only a slight memory of the occasion, but I think he turned up either at John Menzies or WHSmiths in Wigan. Unfortunately I have no other pictures.

P1010504_zpsdcf9507e.jpg

x-pack

Grand Master
Darth Vader got everywhere on that tour I can tell you!

I grew up in a small village called Longton, just outside Preston, and he turned up in Spar. I was with my aunty Maureen at the time. Think I shat my pants :?

I don't think anyone in Longton owned a camera so no photos I'm afraid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom