Bust those suckers out!!...or not?

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Hi all. Need some advice as can't make up my mind!! I have around ten mint graded figures 85 and 90 grades. I can't decide whether to get them out and into clamshell cases or leave them. I feel like the clamshell cases might cause paint run/paint loss and be less safe and secure at keeping them in mint condition then the graded cases. Alternatively the graded cases feel like they could easily be cracked about and the sharp edges apparently cause damage to the figures? Would you keep them graded or not??!! Which would be best to preserve the figures? I wanted a complete graded set but the prices have made me reconsider a loose mint collection in other cases? Would you bust them out or not??

lejackal

Grand Master
I'd not describe AFA cased loose figures protected anymore than those kept on a shelf

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5371

Set them free :D

yoda

Sith Lord
Seems like you paid alot of money for graded you should maybe try and sell them and get something back.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
I think it was between £30 and £90 per figure! Probably ripped off as not too clued up on what's a good deal. Shame to say all were bought off ebay before i discovered this site. Any tips on where to get mint figures for a good price and the best way of preserving them would be much appreciated!

aussiejames

Sith Lord
At the point where you have 'completed' your loose mint set & the graded ones are odd ones out, make the decision to break them out then. If you use sliding bottom acrylic cases the graded will blend in anyway. The clamshells do not stand upright so are difficult to display. The round cases are 'OK'

10710946_399850463506337_9033077036198679909_n.jpg

money to burn :lol:

yoda

Sith Lord
Hi you will be fit to get plenty of mint figures for sale on the forum and at a good price :)
Not sure if you have forgotten but if you check your earlier posts afew weeks ago about cases the guys give you a couple of options on how to preserve your figures using cases which I think will work for you.
Hope that helps you :)

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Just my opinion, the best to preserve & protect is acid free/archive/glassine(or similar) envelopes. Which is the most pathetic display option you can choose!!! :lol: :lol:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
They're not dinosaur bones man! They don't really need protecting or preserving. Just loose in a cabinet indoors out of direct sunlight is fine. If you want a loose set just start collecting a loose set. As someone else mentioned I'd sell the higher grades to recoup some cash and only break others out if you need to for your loose set because you can't find one in similar condition loose. I've broke a couple out.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Does anyone know how to get figures out of ukg cases safely? I have a mint chewie and commander but they look very tightly fitted in there by the garders!!

tigerham

Sith Lord
Alltooeasy said:
Does anyone know how to get figures out of ukg cases safely? I have a mint chewie and commander but they look very tightly fitted in there by the garders!!

I got a strong knife and slowly bent the bottom back inwards as it is not glued and slipped the knife in between the plastics. Eventually managed to snap the bottom clean off. With AFA cases they may be glued on better and will come off in parts. Guessing it will be the same principal for loose figures too.

IMG_4327.JPG

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah the bottom of UKG cases come off quite easily. I've not yet managed to open an AFA case without breaking it.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Well these are two loose figures in ukg cases so I'm a bit wary about those sharp edges inside them that hold the figure in place scratching it!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom