Is there a figure you hate ?

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Just a bit of fun....it's not real "hate" but is there one figure that you completely dislike. When you see it, your heart sinks a little and you wonder why they released that and not slave Leia ?

For me, Romba. The pot bellied little ( bastard ) chap just annoys me. I "hate" seeing him on the POTF cards, I don't care for him loose. I know what he can do with his spear, sideways....

A lot of the last 17 leaves me a bit cold, the more I have collected them, but this figure gets my back up every time !

Views on others that annoy you ?

mumbo

Sith Lord
B-wing and A-wing pilots just don't do it for me :|

For a kid they would of had good playability when re-enacting space battles but for me now they suck and the B-wing sucks more than his green counterpart.

Yes there are worse looking figures and ones that are more pointless but for some reason tweedle dee and tweedle dum are the ones that get my back up the most :x :lol:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
Mine...I need to go on a diet :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For me it's Frozen Han - when I heard about the figure I was off the scale excited but when I actually got the figure it was a proper WTF moment!!!! ****in potato faced abomination!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Rebel commander for me. The dirty sanchez tash, rubbish even for the 80's, was even more irriating since the cardback guy doesnt have one. The weapon was toss but what pissed me off the most was the stupid bit of rock hard plastic hanging by his face. What the **** am I supposed to do with that kenner??

Luke hoth can go **** himself for most of the same reasons.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Some funny replies.

Most of the last 17 when looked at closely are a bit of a questionable lot. At least upto Empire most figures had guns...blasters on figures are cool.....

then we move to ROTJ with Staff and axes being the accessories of the day and in the case of General Madine and Ackbar we had sticks....pointy sticks....the playability being that you could do pretend corporate training sessions with your figures I guess.

However, even the sticks were good when considering that they crashed the toy line into the wall when they didn't even bother with sticks anymore and released Imperial Digantary and Aniken with NOTHING at all....at that point A Wing Pilot must have seemed the classier of the last 17 toys !

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Imp Dig and Anakin.......such lazy modelling. Would have been nice to have some robes for them instead of just a lot of plastic

Furtin

Padawan
Well, I have a hard time hating on my beloved figures but when it comes to dissapointment then I'm with db94: the Han Carbonite. It looks nothing like Han. And it's proportions are ugly as bantha poodoo! :lol:

Furtin

Padawan
robpmarsh said:
Imp Dig and Anakin.......such lazy modelling. Would have been nice to have some robes for them instead of just a lot of plastic

Especially Anakin. Also the Emperor. How much cooler would they look with actual robes...!

spoons

Grand Master
Controversial one for me - Han Bespin!

Never liked it as a kid and not a fan now. Always thought he looked too smart and don't like him having a Bespin blaster but I have to admit the dislike is a bit irrational :)

Loads worse sculpt wise - Han Carbonite and Luke Stormie but none of those get my goat in the same way

Joe

Grand Master
Ugnaughts are pretty crap and Chewbacca looks like a toy turd :lol:

yoda

Sith Lord
Mine would be Han small head probably because I had a Han large head in my childhood. I think the small head looks out of proportion to the body. Then if I look at the large headed Han I could say the same :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well General Madine has next to zero play value or kid-appeal (I mean, seriously, to answer the original question why the hell would Kenner make excitement-vacuum Madine in preference to Jabba's Prisoner Leia? [she didn't become known as Slave Leia until years later ;-) ]). However, personally I've always thought Klaatu Skiff Guard was piss-poor, but the Rebel Commando takes the title every single time for me. Rebel Commando? Captain Crap more like. That solid green POS looks like a super-cheap GI Joe reject and NOTHING like any rebel I saw in Return of the Jedi. It's so bad, the first time I ever saw one it was loose, not carded, and I genuinely didn't believe it even was a Star Wars figure it looked so crap. Even that solid cream abomination of a rifle which comes with it looks about as much like a Star Wars weapon as Thora Hird's colostomy bag... I mean, would it have killed Kenner to have moulded it in black?... God it sucks!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I dont think even steve savory can defend this.
A crime against humanity.

2016-06-03%2023.10.00_zpsqxlbzn97.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom