Last second ebay panic

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
To my fellow snipers

Do you ever find yourself in the situation I have done once or twice - namely when you leave an auction until within the 20 seconds or so of it ending before entering your bid. Then quickly, you rush to enter your price, click accept to get it lodged before the end, (leaving it late enough so others don't have time to react)... only to find, ****! You accidentally enterred an extra zero on the end in your haste.

Happened to me not so long ago. I think I entered Ã'£70 or something with about 15 secs to go, then realised I entered Ã'£700 by mistake. Absolutely shat myself for a second or too. Of course I suppose no-one would be foolish enough to bid 10X the going rate etc, - but if someone else for whatever reason entered a stupidly high bid also to ensure success, I'd be well and truly foooked. :shock:

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
have the auction in 2 browser windows. In one put in your max bid and leave it - then keep refreshing the other page. When it gets to the last 20 secs (or what ever time you want to bid) simply flick windows and click

And if you now beat me in the last second on Royal Guard stuff, I'll have to hunt you down and kill ya
:D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
PhantomShadow said:
have the auction in 2 browser windows. In one put in your max bid and leave it - then keep refreshing the other page. When it gets to the last 20 secs (or what ever time you want to bid) simply flick windows and click

And if you now beat me in the last second on Royal Guard stuff, I'll have to hunt you down and kill ya
:D

that's what i used to do before i started using snipe station. works well 8)

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i have once stuck 99p in and forgot to . in ,so i bid Ã'£99 .it wasnt in the last seconds so i cancelled the bid
but this is when i first started on ebay ,so i was really worried till i relised i could cancel my bid

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I've never over bid by accident but if I'm at home when an auction ends I have been known to place a very high bid to ensure I won whilst praying somebody else hadn't done the same. :oops: 8) :lol:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
this happened to me a while back and it did backfire.

i was bidding on a box of 50 loose american snes games. was up to Ã'£45 i think which i though was a good price, less than Ã'£1 each. so put a bid of Ã'£120 thinking nobody else will bid that high, making the highest bid go up to Ã'£50.

but oh no, somebody else bid Ã'£116, so i ended up paying Ã'£118 plus Ã'£15 postage. i was well gutted but it still worked out only a couple of quid per game, plus sold most of them on. now i never bid stupid amounts!!!! :lol: :lol:

Jukesy

Sith Lord
what i tend to do is put in the maximum that i would pay and no more, if its like Ã'£1 over or something silly then i do feel aggrieved for not watching it closer.

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
craignwo4life said:
I've never over bid by accident but if I'm at home when an auction ends I have been known to place a very high bid to ensure I won whilst praying somebody else hadn't done the same. :oops: 8) :lol:

I did that on a PBP royal guard a few weeks back. Put my max bid on. Unfortunately someone bid higher in the last few secs. Obvioulsy he had the same idea about a high bid. So after several minutes calling him names, I do feel good about that fact I made him pay bigtime for it

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Yeah, thats always a consellation. Nice to know you added an extra few quid on to the tag if someone pips you at the death. Always a pain when it happens to you though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom