why did palitoy drop the logo on rotj cards?

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I suspect it was something as boring as moving towards unified production / branding across European territories, a first step, before going all the way with the tri-logo branding.

lejackal

Grand Master
I don't think it was just Palitoy, neither Jedi PBP or Meccano have logos on the front. Maybe at the instruction of Kenner/GM

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
They dropped them on ESB cards

Yep by 1982 the logo was gone :( Bloody shame as my store display hanger, shelf talker and shop sticker r all 82 so no logo :!: However the logo did show up here and there on a couple of early Jedi pieces including the Rebel Transport and first Hoth scene Scout Walker but it was a small crappy black and white one not in the class of the red and blue :!:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I have no recollection what so ever of the Palitoy logo as a kid. Only time I saw it was on my Slave 1 box about 86'. Probably why it means nothing to me now, but the Kenner logo does along with Trilogos.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I remember the Palitoy logo well from childhood so a lot of nostalgia there...sadly for my bank account!!

I remember first seeing a Kenner card as a child and thinking someone was make cheap copies!

(Nowadays of course you see Palitoy cards and realise some is making copies!! :D :twisted: )

That said, the later part of my childhood collection were largely Kenner, judging by the remaining cardbacks I have from that time.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Vivid memories of seeing the Palitoy logo on all the toys. Remember wondering why they left it off the later Empire and Jedi stuff. 6 year old me didn't understand why tho.

This nostalgia for palitoys is costing me a fortune too!!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Shame but as a kid I rem the Kenner logo not the Palitoy one :| Prob because my era was late Empire/Jedi and Kenner kept their logo through out:!:

sith-smith

Grand Master
palitoyjunky said:
Shame but as a kid I rem the Kenner logo not the Palitoy one :| Prob because my era was late Empire/Jedi and Kenner kept their logo through out:!:

Well, now that's official, you should now give away all your Palitoy MOC and get buying Kenner!

:lol:

skywalker

Jedi Master
Oh what could have been....... 8)

3e438610-d7b8-4039-83c2-25c2654734a6_zpsuqn9kggf.jpg

38465a70-3ca9-4765-9e6d-b33790b8bb29_zpsw623fx3z.jpg

_Lee_

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
I don't think it was just Palitoy, neither Jedi PBP or Meccano have logos on the front. Maybe at the instruction of Kenner/GM

Agreed. Seems like they were gearing up for european distribution so got rid of manufactuers for the most part.

Does this mean my 13 back ANH Palitoy logo'd Weequay is fake??? :D

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
palitoyjunky said:

Well, now that's official, you should now give away all your Palitoy MOC and get buying Kenner!

:lol:

Ha! Don't know about give away but I sure could recoup some ££££ if I swapped for Kenner :!: But as u all know I am a self confessed Palitoy addict now :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
From memory, the dropped the logo around the time that Kenner cards were making up at least half of those on sale in the UK. My guess is that it was dropped so as not to confuse people like Gary and me who, at first, thought the Kenner ones were bogus.

sith-smith

Grand Master
chipsteak said:
From memory, the dropped the logo around the time that Kenner cards were making up at least half of those on sale in the UK. My guess is that it was dropped so as not to confuse people like Gary and me who, at first, thought the Kenner ones were bogus.

Ha! Glad I wasn't the only one :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
_Lee_ said:
lejackal said:

Agreed. Seems like they were gearing up for european distribution so got rid of manufactuers for the most part.

Does this mean my 13 back ANH Palitoy logo'd Weequay is fake??? :D

Personally this is what I've always thought. They finally ended up with the trilogo card which is pretty European rather than specifically one countries toy company brand name.

Also, weren't a lot of the toy companies, Palitoy, Meccano, GM all linked in some way?

And is your Weequay Vinyl caped or has a rocket firing mechanism?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom