Just a quick point on forwarding things on

Status
Not open for further replies.

itfciain

Grand Master
As I am sure most of you know, I am happy to forward things on from the US to the UK and I will even purchase items on eBay over here if the seller won't let you

I do this as a favour for you guys and because I know how annoying it can be when sellers won't ship to the UK or the GSP costs more than the items value.

However, this does mean that I have 20 odd packages turning up each week - some labelled some not - added to the fact that I am trying to run a business here then turnaound isn't always quick so you have to be patient with me

Unfortunately, I have recently miss-placed an item that I purchased for someone - hopefully I can find it but I really don't need sad face emoji s and to be told that you have had to wait a month for the item - I appreciate that I missed something else off your order as well but either way the only person that will be out of pocket is me

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Iain go over and above for the hobby on many occasions , good feedback , hopefully everyone will help support Iain and have some patience and understanding

Cheers

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Mistakes happen Iain. I think you've solidified your reputation enough that, while unfortunate, people should cut you a break when something like this happens. It happens to everyone. Sorry you've had a bad experience while going way out of your way to try and make everyone happy.

Ian

decipher28

Padawan
I think your doing a fantastic job in offering your services to this community and hobby which in turn is helping out many collectors full fill their needs.Many people appreciate all of your efforts and are extremely gratefull.

Your only human and if a mistake has been made this isn't out of blantant spite or on purpose,and I'd like to think everyone on here would cut you some slack in this regard.

hopefully the situation gets resolved as smoothly as possible.

itfciain

Grand Master
Nick_IoW said:
On a plus note - think of all them free beers coming your way at CE 3 :D

Don't think I will be getting one from this chap - but must have racked up a few of them for sure :D

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
This was for me and since you want to go on about it publicly I will give my side.

Yes it was really good of you to get this for as you have done in the past too, but if you didn't want to get it for me It wouldn't have been the end of the world and an end of the matter. But kindly you did.

I didn't have a problem with waiting the time for the shipping as I have already said to you, but the fact you waited this long before telling me that you had lost or misplaced it that was the issue. You pm'd me on the day it arrived at my door to tell me this. I know how long things take to ship I buy from all over the world regularly. But then when I was trying to convey my frustration about the missing item you revert to name calling, not a very professional way to conduct yourself is it? Then the fact that there was another item missing from same shipment isn't great either.

I got my refund thanks but to then imply in your that im making money out of this is just ridiculous if not incredibly stupid and quite frankly childish.

decipher28

Padawan
Don't want to stir things up,but just wondered what moc figure/value we talking about here.As this may put a different context to the subject.

A very unfortunate situation which im sure both parties never wanted to happen.

itfciain

Grand Master
Bunglebubs said:
This was for me and since you want to go on about it publicly I will give my side.

Yes it was really good of you to get this for as you have done in the past too, but if you didn't want to get it for me It wouldn't have been the end of the world and an end of the matter. But kindly you did.

I didn't have a problem with waiting the time for the shipping as I have already said to you, but the fact you waited this long before telling me that you had lost or misplaced it that was the issue. You pm'd me on the day it arrived at my door to tell me this. I know how long things take to ship I buy from all over the world regularly. But then when I was trying to convey my frustration about the missing item you revert to name calling, not a very professional way to conduct yourself is it? Then the fact that there was another item missing from same shipment isn't great either.

I got my refund thanks but to then imply in your that im making money out of this is just ridiculous if not incredibly stupid and quite frankly childish.

So name calling = bad, yet I am "incredibly stupid" and "childish" ?

You are not out of pocket, the only reason I messaged you so late to tell you I hadn't sent it was that I was still trying to find it, and amazingly I actually have a life as well. Your whole attitude was poor in the PMs you sent me and frankly I would be amazed if anyone would want to help you again - I certainly don't

itfciain

Grand Master
decipher28 said:
Don't want to stir things up,but just wondered what moc figure/value we talking about here.As this may put a different context to the subject.

The item was a 50quid mailer which he sent me payment for after I purchased it for him - I am not sure how the value does put context on this subject though ?

People have had $5000 cards sent to me in the past and to be honest I would think that at least 50% of active member on this forum have had something purchased through me - so I would like to think I have a reputation as someone who is pretty reliable ?

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
itfciain said:
Bunglebubs said:

So name calling = bad, yet I am "incredibly stupid" and "childish" ?

You are not out of pocket, the only reason I messaged you so late to tell you I hadn't sent it was that I was still trying to find it, and amazingly I actually have a life as well. Your whole attitude was poor in the PMs you sent me and frankly I would be amazed if anyone would want to help you again - I certainly don't

This is out in public so people can make up their own minds as there is two sides to every story. Ive called you this and publicly because you are trying to imply ive tried to make money out of you losing something, that I paid you for, not as you did in a pm, because I was frustrated at the whole situation. You keep mentioning money and being out of pocket but you lost it.

Oh so now im tarnished because I have given my side of the story and they should take your side because you are whiter than white and do nothing wrong huh? Ive been completely honest and have nothing to hide, you took a bad attitude because I was quite rightly frustrated with what has happened and said so, but if it was upto you I should just be happy and say nothing then?

itfciain

Grand Master
Not sure I understand much of that to be honest

I didn't name you or even hint at who it was

I am out of pocket (and yes because I lost your item) - but my point in PM was that the money you sent me included postage (which I have refunded) but it still cost me to have the rest of your items posted to you as well (which you haven't had to pay for) - that was it

And yes, I am sure people will make there minds up after your well argued response

Probably worth putting this one to bed - maybe people in the future, when having favours done for them, will not be quite so arsey if a mistake happens

decipher28

Padawan
itfciain said:
The item was a 50quid mailer which he sent me payment for after I purchased it for him - I am not sure how the value does put context on this subject though ?

Well if it were a high valued item or very rare item it would put the topic of this conversation into a different context.For instance if it were a boba fett moc that went missing compared to a klaatu moc that went missing im sure that would effect how you'd feel/react within the situation.In otherwords how anger or upset you'd be.

That is what I meant by asking what item was involved.

It's unfortunate thing to happen and a shame,when people fall out over a small matter.

itfciain

Grand Master
decipher28 said:
itfciain said:

Well if it were a high valued item or very rare item it would put the topic of this conversation into a different context.For instance if it were a boba fett moc that went missing compared to a klaatu moc that went missing im sure that would effect how you'd feel/react within the situation.In otherwords how anger or upset you'd be.

That is what I meant by asking what item was involved.

It's unfortunate thing to happen and a shame,when people fall out over a small matter.

OK, so if it was a high value item that I had lost and paid for replacement then he would have a right to be annoyed at me even though i was doing him a favour ?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Don't see the problem here Iain has made a mistake, frustration aside your not out of pocket. Iain has probably wasted more time on this than he should have, plus stressed him out, give the bloke a brake and stop sweating the small stuff.

How anyone can fall out with Iain is beyond me.

Oh hang on I paid for it so it gives me the right to step out of line.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
You very quickly offered to refund me even though I hadn't said anything about the money as I was willing to wait until you had another look for it before I even had a chance to say anything. If you were out of money for postage then say so and adjust the refund accordingly, despite being Scottish Ive never quibbled over a few quid and always pay my debts! You are quite happy to moan about everything else! Of all the items I have bought from you, yet you moan about me trying to make a few quid off you from a postage cost is laughable.

No you didn't name but I don't see what difference that makes, I felt it was only fair people hear both sides and not just your own biased rant. You messed up but get all defensive when asked about it you tell me you don't need the grief and resort to name calling privately, but try to construe publicly that you are this perfect seller.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
theforceuk said:
Don't see the problem here Iain has made a mistake, frustration aside your not out of pocket. Iain has probably wasted more time on this than he should have, plus stressed him out, give the bloke a brake and stop sweating the small stuff.

How anyone can fall out with Iain is beyond me.

Oh hang on I paid for it so it gives me the right to step out of line.

This is what I mean you are making comments on a private conversation you weren't involved in. In his opinion I was giving him grief when all I did was express frunstration at not being told he had lost an item an not told me for the best part of a month. So he gets all shirty and starts name calling and im the bad one? I never mentioned anything about money and as ive already said if he thought he was out of pocket somehow he could have said something about the postage.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Nick_IoW said:
On a plus note - think of all them free beers coming your way at CE 3 :D

Don't think I will be getting one from this chap - but must have racked up a few of them for sure :D

A few?

I don't think you'll be buying even one while you're over here! :lol:

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Iain has done hundreds if not thousands of deals , he is a great seller . In my opinion there is no need to air the dirty laundry on the forum

If your looking a revolt against Iain , your wasting your time !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom