Holy ****, I'm speechless! Thanks everyone

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I was at work as normal this morning, and a large parcel arrived. This was no great surprise as I get everything sent here and a visit from the office manager with a handful of post is almost a daily occurance! However when I saw the box the only thing I thought it could be was a beater £35 MOC I bought this week, and the size of the box and special delivery seemed a bit OTT. Puzzled, I opened the box.

Wow! I was not expecting what was in there. I've been involved with quite a few forum whip-rounds before, but genuinely never expected to be on the receiving end of one myself! As I slowly unwrapped it all, I found:

2 x awesome cards signed by everyone, and one of Michael's legendary poems
Luke Bespin drawing
MOC trilogo R5-D4 (you have no idea how long I've been looking for one of these at a reasonable price!)
Loose Amanaman, EV-9D9 and Lando General (all complete!)
And even what I assume is the leftover £18 cash, really guys you didn't need to do that!

I am totally overwhelmed by all of this, it's like the best birthday present I've ever had. Over the last 10 years of running this forum I have never tried to charge people to use it or ask for donations, but I really appreciate this kind gesture from you all. Running a forum can be a pain sometimes (in fact there has been quite a lot of drama this last week due to world events) but this makes it all worth while and shows even if we disagree on some things, we all have one great love in common - talking bollocks about Star Wars toys to like-minded people :)

Here are a few photos of the haul:

IMG_3447.JPG

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

IMG_3448.JPG

Once again, a huge, huge thanks to all involved. It's not about the money or the value, it's the thought that has clearly gone in to this and the fact you all went to the trouble of finding out what I needed for my collection. I can't thank you all enough, and the beers will most definitely be on me at Celebration in a couple of weeks!

Look out for a "payback" SWFUK compeition coming very soon :)

mumbo

Sith Lord
More than deserving, without you there'd be no SWFUK!

Well done to all involved 8)

Ryan's card is absolutely superb :lol:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Awesome- glad you like it all- totally deserved, Edd B-) Well done to Mumbo and everyone else who organised it ;-)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Hey Edd.

I can't thank you enough for running the forum. The friends I have made and things that I have been involved in you can't put a price on.

Looking forward to having a beer together in a couple of weeks time.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
You Edd are the reason we are here, and what you have created gives alot of people some pleasure in this crazy world.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
A great haul for a great bloke.

Thanks again edd for giving weirdos like us a home on the Internet and I hope the gifts cheered you up a bit.

itfciain

Grand Master
Lol - it was hard work trying to find out what you had - and we'd already sorted out the R5 when you asked me to snipe the other one so glad that lost

It has been a pleasure to be part of this forum for so long and to be honest Edd you deserve this and much much more - this forum as Ben says has been the source of many friendships for me and I am grateful to you for both starting it up and keeping it going

I am told I am owed a few beers at Celebration but would be happy to send some of them your way for sure :lol:

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
****ity **** I forgot to put in for this one, sorry completely slipped my mind! :oops:

Well deserved though mate. Great, great forum!

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Well deserved Edd, as since joining the forum I have had many interesting conversations with likeminded collectors both private and on the forum which have helped me with information and boosted my love for everything vintage sw. Learnt a massive amount from old threads over the years.
Without this forum and the fellow members it attracts who are always willing to assist with helpful information, collecting vintage sw would be a duller place. You just don't get the same feel on other sw forums.

Thanks Matt :D :D

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Forgot to add , well done to Mumbo and all the others who took time out to arrange it

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Much warranted Edd! Thanks for keeping this forum going. With the advent of FB taking over so much, this has really become the last place that has that SW community feel that has been mostly lost elsewhere.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Long overdue thank your from us all, very much deserved - your efforts are appreciated, as others have said by providing StarWars ForumUK you give us all an opportunity to mix with other like minded folk - sharing and making friends, kinda hard to put a value on that kinda stuff so hope you enjoy the gifts.

Big thanks to Mumbo for getting all this sorted :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom