Palitoy landfill

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
In the news (repost from echo):-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/12054049/Theres-a-huge-landfill-full-of-potentially-valuable-Star-Wars-toys-somewhere-in-the-Midlands.html

:)

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Capture.JPG

Anyone got a shovel?

:lol:

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I have an exact location on that map from echo now. Unfortunately it's all 40ft under now so we're going to need a bit more than a few big shovels....

:p

Jason

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
It could potentially be a goldmine. Shipping cases full of goods! Even if the cardboard was completely spoiled the plastic would be fine as it takes 1000s of years to degrade, and you would have to presume that this happened at the end of the line so the figures would be POTF. Boxes of Yak Faces, Luke Stormies, EV 9D9's , pop up R2s... yes please. Even without packaging could be 100s of 1000s £££.

TELL ME WHERE TO DIG!!

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Word on the street is this is where vectis got most of their stuff for the mega auction coming up

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
We need one of these:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEREX-TE210-SCHAEFF-Tunnelling-Machine-Mining-Excavator-Year-2014-/122031448133?hash=item1c69a42045:g:H9oAAOSw~OVW1dId

$_57.JPG

Only issue is that its 135 grand BIN.

Whip round lads?

:D

Jason

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Where are all the General Madine tri-logo carded figures?

General Madine on a Jedi card was always a pegwarmer... but what if the real reason why so few Madines on tri-logo card made it out to the public was because Palitoy - having realised that the figure was a poor seller - decided to withhold the tri-logo stock. Stuck it away at the back of the warehouse... and eventually cleared the space and sent it to the landfill.

Where are all the General Madine tri-logo carded figures - they are buried in the landfill!!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Its a bloomin' long time underground for anything of worth to have survived... having said that.. bear with me here... I started a compost heap (well a lazy pile of garden crap, newspaper and card) about 10-11 years ago. I didn't follow any of the guidelines on watering it and turning it, just piled it up.
Anyway about a fortnight ago I decided that due to a shed requirement to create storage space which will eventually clear a room to give me a new large collecting room... I said to bear with me... anyway I needed to clear the old heap.
The top half was dry and went in sacks to the tip, the next layer reasonably rotted and made its way into my veg beds, the bottom layer though that was at the time layered with cardboard and the oldest part of the heap had all sorts of definable stuff... egg shells, melon skins, newspaper with print still legible and cardboard boxes/sheets (the laminated print from lolly packaging for example (similar to a card-back I guess) were most notably recognisable as well as other boxes with some structure to them.
It can't be beyond belief that under 40ft of back fill a few pieces may well be worth picking out even in our climate. Certainly an interesting dream that will capture more than just our imagination I'm sure!

joey

Padawan
hi

they was 2 landfill,s mainone was in lount and the other one was in outskirts of repton/hartshourne all the loose ships and figs were dumped here must of been 1000,s of course they were all the rejects from the factory

I only live a few miles away and I no roughly the area they were dumped,i can remember this as kid, and I have visted the site a few times in my younger years

it has been years since,so things may of changed,not much I think as it is farmland now

joey

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
scooternick said:
Better off digging up a beach. My first figure was a chewie I found buried in the sand in cornwall!
Are you sure it wasn't a Sand People figure?... Yes, yes, I'll get my coat... :mrgreen:

spoons

Grand Master
If the location is definitely known it would be worth talking to the landowner and seeing if they'd be up for letting us dig for a share of the finds.

A JCB is only £300 a day so not a massive risk, for what will most likely be a load of yellowed figures, but it would make a great story. Anyone else in?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom