Coin Display

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I want to get some kind of wall frame or display stand for the Celebration Europe medallions. I think they are 2x2 in size. I've been looking on eBay but can only find frames or stands for much smaller coins. There is one for 2x2 coins but it has far too many compartments, I want one with 12. Any ideas where to look for one?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This would be perfect but it's too small:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162136248924

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Was thinking the same myself Edd, not much chance of getting a star destroyer to display them in, so a nice frame would be ideal....

If someone could make a nice one, I bet they'd do a bit of business.....

lejackal

Grand Master
Could you buy a piece of board, mount a nice frame over it and then drill holes in the board to mount the coins in using something like this?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
The Star Destroyer is cool but not really practical IMO. Yes making something is an option, but there must be an "off the shelf" solution as it looks like 2x2 is a fairly common coin size.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Edd.

Have a chat with Carl Waterworth... his coin collection is immense so will have an idea on suitable frames.

Russ J

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
Could you buy a piece of board, mount a nice frame over it and then drill holes in the board to mount the coins in using something like this?

Capture.PNG

This is exactly what I would do but thats the Joiner in me...Out of curiosity what is the diameter of the said coins ?

Making such a display wouldn't be hard at all

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I want to get a frame that holds not just the medallions but also the Vader collecting track hunt medal in the centre.....might have to speak to my local framers (once I find that elusive A-Wing medallion)

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
Just for a bitbof inspiration
20150805_124127_zpsbysraytn.jpg

20150609_155647_zpsdgizqat6.jpg

Russ J

Jedi Master
They look fairly straight forward to make,nothing complicated there...the hardest thing is the layout of the holes,just as long as they are all evenly spaced out it's a fairly straight forward job

decipher28

Padawan
Carl

You managed to finish the prototype unproduced ewok and droids coins then?I remember you starting it and seeing that it was a very slow going collecting those...hence why i never tried to do it.

I made my own potf coin frame and yes it isn't that hard.Just a piece of mdf,a grid like matrix for evenly spacing the holes,cutting them out.Then a frame with a piece of glass.

Don't know if edd wants something along those lines or a transparent plastic case that he linked to.Just depends how fancy you want to be.You could just buy a slim transparent case then a piece of foam and then cut out the holes in what ever arrangement you want.

You may find something off the shelf to buy but more than likely you'll have to make something yourself.Anyway i think its better to do a custom displays as you can design it how you want.

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
decipher28 said:
Carl

You managed to finish the prototype unproduced ewok and droids coins then?I remember you starting it and seeing that it was a very slow going collecting those...hence why i never tried to do it..

I completed Droids, it took me 7 years from start to finish. I am 5 short of ewoks I still need wicket, Chitatar, Weechee, Chief Chirpa & Morag, but given up hope of completing it. :(

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
I want to get some kind of wall frame or display stand for the Celebration Europe medallions. I think they are 2x2 in size. I've been looking on eBay but can only find frames or stands for much smaller coins. There is one for 2x2 coins but it has far too many compartments, I want one with 12. Any ideas where to look for one?
Just had this pop up in a search mate, could look good as you can see both sides of the coins
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-Frame-VISIO-Soft-Display-Coins-Coin-Geocoin-Collector-Coin-folder-Geocaching-/172031490728?var=&hash=item280de03aa8:m:mKrhnlhXBconmIXNiOOQcZg

maxf

Jedi Master
If you find somewhere which will cut custom sized picture mounts, they may be able to do a mount with holes in to hold the coins - you'd then just put this into a normal picture frame.

http://www.merlinmounts.co.uk/customround.html is one I found online.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
edd_jedi said:
Just had this pop up in a search mate, could look good as you can see both sides of the coins
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-Frame-VISIO-Soft-Display-Coins-Coin-Geocoin-Collector-Coin-folder-Geocaching-/172031490728?var=&hash=item280de03aa8:m:mKrhnlhXBconmIXNiOOQcZg

I really like that idea... saved to my watch list for a later day as I've just got to think what I might use them for... hmmm.... :wink:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Finally got around to framing up the Collector's Track medallions, collector sheet and medal from CE3. Not blown away by it, a background colour other than black would have been nice, but I couldn't be bothered hunting down and alternative! As much as I love the collector card I can't help but feel the coins and perhaps medal would have been better displayed without it?

IMG_8412_zps15pmd8af.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom