Vintage spotted for sale in Bakewell, Derbyshire.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Family day out in Bakewell today, home of the famous tart, and as we were looking for somewhere to park I spotted this shop window and almost did an emergency stop! Little vintage/second hand shop I've not noticed before having been to Bakewell several times.

DSCN2640.jpg

DSCN2642.jpg

Nothing there of any note, althought I did buy the loose white fur Chief Chirpa for £5, not a variant I had so I was happy :)
Prices were not cheap but not expensive either, about right. The Loose 12" Vader was £25 but minus the sabre. There were some other loose vintage figures but mainly beaters, a nice 4-LOM.

These were the shop keepers original toys from childhood (the vintage ones anyway) he told me he'd sold all his cardbacks at the weekend :(

Just nice to see this stuff for sale outside the usual perimeters, got a real buzz thinking I might be finding some gems :)

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Was there a few weeks ago and never saw it! Maybe it's new or my Vintage Radar is on the blink. Great finding stuff when you're out and about.

my dad was at the market today just finished the pudding off
very nice :wink:
i found out about this place a few months ago but guess you saved
me a trip lol

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Thanks for the tip, I went there today and it was great to see them still in the window. I would have bought a figure but alas the chap who sells them had not yet arrived and I needed to move on. Still great to see some vintage in a shop window.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Whenever I see 'vintage' on a high street this is what I hope to find. I whent to Bakewell about 20 years ago, diden't evan go away with a tart.

Great to see this stuff stil knocking about.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Just bear in mind if you visit that the only vintage they have is that in the shop window, at least from what I could see. Still pretty cool to see it in a shop window again after all these years.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nice shop you found, if I remember correct the weapon on white chief chirpa is also different, Caramel color. Did you also get the weapon ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom