Our worst nightmare come true

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Lets be honest,
we were shocked and also laughed about Ponchos near disaster with wify..

Someone told me a while ago, about a chap who came home and found his little boy had ripped open many of his MOCs. sitting in the middle of everything and your littlun looking up and giving you a big smile, figure in one hand, its 12 back card in the other,do you smile or cry?
Was wondering if anyone had any similar horror stories where wife has thrown out an expensive item/ kids have smashed up a prized toy...etc..

Whilst it will give us a laugh, we will also feel for ya..!!

Robert

maxf

Jedi Master
Not Star Wars, but my ex threw away a bag with a pair of antique cufflinks in it. About £700 worth I think. I inherited them and had just bought then home that day.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
I remember a while back when I had the AT-AT Commander focus, I was tidying it around one day. I had put all the MOC onto the floor as I was sorting out the display.
I turned around at one point and there's the little one, about 2 at the time, with a card in her hand. Tactfully, I tried pleading with her to give it back to Dad....
No such joy, straight up over her shoulder and threw it off the corner of the Pool table, Smashed the bubble, bent the cardback in the process :cry:
Not one of the better moments!

Joe

Grand Master
Fair few years ago my nephew picked up one of my figures and gave it a violent shake right in front of my eyes!

darian11.jpg

darian12.jpg

I've had a few near misses with my daughter, I can usually distract her with loose figures but when she wants to see or hold something a bit more expensive things can get a bit scary! I've found that if I let her for a few seconds, explain that it lives back on the shelf and then take it off her she just goes off and does something else but she does disappear sometimes and I'll find her upstairs on her little step trying to reach something!

My Mrs always gives me "the look"...like how could I possibly get mad at her for potentially destroying something worth thousands :lol:

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I had my daughter step on my ROTJ 77bk Vader MoC she destroyed the bubble...

I said nothing, she was 3 at the time and it was my fault for having it in a place where it could get stamped on...

That's life :)

Scott

Padawan
Nephew broke the leg off an AT-AT :shock:
All sorts of accessories, particularly figures' weapons, vehicles guns and the Jedi Training Ball on the M.F. have disappeared, presumably due to a family member's zealous overcleaning. :(

yak_face

Padawan
Here's one quite a few years ago. Not as bad as mocs. Don't know if its worth mentioning.
Threw some weapons in the bin thought they were repo a few months later realised they might have been lily ledy. But not 100% certain. A luke bespin saber and some blasters. Oh well.

Jez

Sith Lord
Dog ate my son's Ben Kenobi. He was devastated. I still haven't got him a replacement yet :oops:

chiffy

Sith Lord
Not at all SW related but back in 98, Grimsby had got to Wembley for the 1st time so i organised a 52 seater coach and tickets from our local boozer. Anyways, for some strange reason, still unbeknownst to be now, i threw the envelope away but it still had the tickets in and didnt realise till a week later when it came round to the trip. At £30 a pop that was a very expensive trip for me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom