Epic competition for a great cause (40 Prizes) - How to enter

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi guys

I am sure most you you saw the recent thread that I posted up asking for donations for something that Neil and I are working on - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31381

This lovely young lady is Bethany and she is the daughter of a good friend of Neils (Jackabina) who I had the privilege of meaning at Celebration

untitled%207_zps3gods5gv.png

Bethany has been ill from birth, but strangely wasn't diagnosed until she was 10. That's because her illness wasn't known about officially until 2010. She has what is known as a CASK gene. This basically means that since birth, she can't do anything without help. She can't feed herself, go to the loo or even sit up on her own. She is already wheelchair bound, and her life expectancy is limited. She not expected to live many more years.

Her Dad, Dave and his wife would like to make the rest of their little girls life as comfortable as possible. They have just been quoted 7K for a machine, similar to that of Stephen Hawking, in that it will allow to communicate independently. Neil and I would like your help to cover that as much as we possibly can

Dave is a big Star Wars fan as is his lad - I think it would be great if the community can help him out and get this done as quickly as possible

So after an appeal for prizes both on here and the International Page on Facebook then I am please to announce that I have pledges for 40 - yes 40 separate prizes. The response was amazing and it is great to be part of such a generous community.

Now we need the rest of you to dig as deep as you can - as well as a chance to pick up one of these great items you will also be helping out a little girl who really deserves the best that we can provide - I would love the SW Community as a whole to get us most of the way there

To enter, please message either myself (itfciain) or Neil (Jackabina) for Neil's PayPal information - you can send as much as you like (more the better!) and every £5.00 that you donate will get you a 'ticket' for the prize draw. Neil is hoping to arrange a date for him to go down to Bethany's School so that she can do the draw in person - we'll update you as soon as we know when - but in the meantime please donate as much as you can

This is the prize list - postage is covered by the donator or Neil/myself

1. A Ship Stand of your Choice (Iain)

Iain_zpscvkztjkt.png

2. 100 Star Stands - Either 1' or 1.5' (Iain)

Iain%202_zpsr3fxo5mu.png

3. Survival Kit Mailer (Iain)

Iain%203_zpssge0scpp.png

4. One of TIG's life size Palace Blasters (John Paul Ragusta - TIG)

JP%201_zpsjpwzmp1p.png

If you can't wait for the wait for the draw then JP has some left for sale ($89.99 shipped US / $109.99 shipped worldwide) and if anyone wants to buy one he'll donate 100% of the profit to the family as well

5. Selection of Star Wars Transformers - these come from the lastest consignment to Max Webster Auctions - you can check out all of the up coming auctions here - http://www.maxwebsterauctioneer.com/

Max_zpsi5hxb9zh.png
Max1_zpsvaetpug7.png
Max2_zpsvzvteoyy.png

6. Also from Max we have this Optimus Prime (Max Webster)

Max4_zpsaftsigkq.png

7. MISB Prototype Boba (Mumbo)

Mumbo_zpsnmkef67g.png

8. 2x 6" black series figures, Boxed - Finn and a Clone Trooper + Force Awakens Darth Vader MOC (Neil)

Neil%203_zpsphvhftyw.png

9. 4x 6" loose black series figures. SandTrooper, Kylo Ren, First Order Trooper & Phasma + stands (Neil)

Neil%204_zpsqpvmdws4.png
Neil%205_zpstzf1okaz.png

10. MISB Force Awakens Tie Fighter (Neil)

Neil2_zpsqil4gpol.png

11. Issue 1 of the SW comic. Looks great in a frame, but missing the free x-wing gift (Neil)

Neil%206_zpsosjelnsk.png

12. A small prize for the offering. This was from Nick at FF and was a bit of a consolation prize for me at the time but he doesn't really fit being a Kenner. What's fun is that he has no fewer than 7 price labels (price gun set on fully automatic I guess) and is the cool (I like it) Emperor offer on 65 back card (SLNH)

SLNH%20Simon_zpsqkytcjyw.png

13. 3 mini jigsaws (rdpla)

Robert%201_zpshs2ciq9r.png

14. Set of posters and millennium falcon / Artoo watch (rdpla)

Robert%202_zpsyvplix4k.png

15. Boba Fett marmit doll (rdpla)

Robert%203_zpsuen9mfkr.png

16. Set of 7 pepsi sound caps incl luke / darth/ Artoo and c3po plus 3 mystery figures... batteries are probably dead but display well (rdpla)

Robert%204_zpsui27l2yb.png
Robert%208_zpsv33r2and.png
Robert%206_zps0gxtdtvl.png
Robert%207_zpsvxzobv3y.png
Robert%205_zpsjilhmdrw.png
Robert%209_zpsw7ced7ym.png

17. An artist proof along with an original sketch from the piece by the amazingly talented Sublevel Studios

Sublevel%20Studios_zpskhjzr3is.png

18. Two pieces of Star Wars Sigma (Stuart Skinner)

Stu%20Skinner%202_zps9dpnmobh.png
Stu%20Skinner1_zpsm9xcwvov.png

19. A wall hanger small Yoda in carbonite (Grinchy)

Grinchy_zpswwlwmivv.png

20. Tiny George Lucas in carbonite deform sculpt and han solo to, perfect for Christmas tree ornaments (Grinchy)

Grinchy%202_zps35jjf8ce.png

21. 12 inch Leia, no comb and brush, beater box, hair redone by the wonderful Mr Gary Haygood - who is always available to help with you 12' Leia hair needs!

Gary%20Haygood%201_zpsuddsdems.png
Gary%20Haygood%202_zpsmfmbkiw4.png

22. A 'well loved' Nien Numb with nice clear bubble! (Lejackal)

Carl_zpstaai4jcv.png

23. Selection of Cardbacks (Lejackal)

Carl%203_zpshal6yxyf.png
Carl%204_zpsqtzbtbxc.png

24. Bantha Tracks Patch + R5 Comic (Lejackal)

Carl%202_zps675jm7nf.png

25. 44 Figures in C6-C8 condition (Greedole)

Greedole_zpsemmbm88l.png

26. A 1997 20th Century Fox Special Edition press Kit for Star Wars trilogy release. Also includes Turbo Power Rangers Adventures :wink: and Others. (Daz DP1973)

Daz_zpss5o5u7sz.png

27. A Die Cast Darth Vader tie fighter - it can be removed from bubble but its still pretty cool (Darthgulliver)

Darth%20Gulliver_zpsxrvhl3uq.png

28. ToyMart Price Guide (Bootyhunter)

Bootyhunter_zps6ppu5ozn.png

29. A set of GW Acrylic ADS-31 4 Tier Steps - boxed and un-used (Anon)

Anon%202_zpsspcrt7je.png

30. ESB Yoda MOC (Anon)

Anon1_zpspkyzphge.png

31. CE3 swag, a Canadian GM cereal #4 fold out pamphlet, and a complete set of Canadian O-Pee-Chee SW series #2 trading cards (sorry, no stickers) - this is from the team over at the TantiveXI forum (Commander Clint)

Commander%20Clint_zpswal92tqb.png

32. EV-9D9 - Both arms come out when pulled but she displays well (Edd)

Edd_zpsv4f9wadn.png

33. 2 x Cardbacks with Italian Import Stickers (Paul Watts)

Paul2_zpsbtbtnywo.png
Paul1_zpsjne2mmsn.png

34. AT-ST Driver with crazy big sticker (Dan Burgess - SOJ)

Dan1_zps8mhxx7ly.png

35. Black Series Obi-Wan Kenobi(Dan Burgess - SOJ)

Dan2_zpsws2gfxie.png
Dan3_zpsmwst1bmi.png
Dan4_zpsbivmcao8.png

36. Mini Rig (Section 8) - pictures on their way

37. Luke Poncho Coin (Jez)

Jez_zps0fkqlftj.png

38. Amazing wood carvings (Frank) - pictures on their way

39. C3PO Sealed Baggie (Pigcity)

PigCity_zpsqjzt59rr.png

40. UKG85 Loose Zuckuss (Dr_BallMD)

DrB_zpsqqegmo0y.png

41. Fantastic Fett Painting (Michael Sith)

Mike%20Sith_zpsjxxw4bcx.png

mumbo

Sith Lord
Roll up roll up you've got to be in it to win it and what's in it???? well bloody loads of stuff so come on don't be shy it really is for a fantastic cause 8)

Let's help to make a big difference in this young girls life :)

Whenever SWFUKers have been called on before we've come good so let's keep up that tradition 8)

jackabina

Sith Lord
Right guy, just a quick word up to those who have already purchased tickets, between the following, were already sold 71 tickets!

Massive thanks to, Savory 100, SLNH, Bonsai Tree_ent, Stratpack, Aussie James, Rich200, Robert Marsh, Darth Bobby, Mumbo, DB94, Mr Sanderson, Henrik Friden, Me, Cazza, Jedi_mister, Grinchy, Coomber 75 and Frunkster.

Please dig deep and joint the illustrious list.

Thanks guys.
:D :D

Frunkstar

Grand Master
jackabina said:
Right guy, just a quick word up to those who have already purchased tickets, between the following, were already sold 71 tickets!

Massive thanks to, Savory 100, SLNH, Bonsai Tree_ent, Stratpack, Aussie James, Rich200, Robert Marsh, Darth Bobby, Mumbo, DB94, Mr Sanderson, Henrik Friden, Me, Cazza, Jedi_mister, Grinchy, Coomber 75 and Frunkster.

Please dig deep and joint the illustrious list.

Thanks guys.
:D :D

Oddly you have my username wrong, the odd bit it thats the username I use on every other none SW page I use :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good effort guys, hope it keep rolling & we get to the target amount needed to get this sorted

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Iain/ Jack

just a thought..what happens if a person donating a prize, wins it?
I'm sure people will be good to swap in some cases, but was wondering if there was a plan in place....no dramas if not....

Also PEOPLE..
The 7pepsi set is actually 14 figures...
they are fantastic...I checked and 11 of them the batteries were still working..it may be a simple replacement for the others..i didnt want to open as they are pretty much mint and if the batteries cant be replaced, they will still display very well... So dig deep everyone...the odds to win a prize are in your favour....!!!

Rob

itfciain

Grand Master
rdpla said:
Iain/ Jack
just a thought..what happens if a person donating a prize, wins it?
I'm sure people will be good to swap in some cases, but was wondering if there was a plan in place....no dramas if not....

We have thought about that and although it will save you on postage! - I am sure you would rather win something else - so if your name is drawn for your prize then you will get the next one along (that isn't yours)

i.e. if you're name is drawn for prize 20 and that is your donation then you will get prize 21 and we will have a re-draw for prize 20

itfciain

Grand Master
:D
rdpla said:
sounds logical, thu...

whens last day for tickets please? need to top up paypal?

No closing date yet as we're waiting on a date that Neil can go up to Bethany's school so she can do the draw in person - should be at least 7-10 days though - got lots more to raise

itfciain

Grand Master
Friday Bump - hopefully payday for people today so let get a few more donations in the pot

PM either Neil (Jackabina) or myself (itfciain) for details on where to send your money :D

jackabina

Sith Lord
Guys, the response to this is awesome. Thank you. I had confirmation that we have been approved by the school to visit and record the draw so that we can post the video on here. Yippee!
I've been talking to Dave, Bethany's dad about the best way to conduct the draw. Taking into account the severity of her condition, it may be difficult for Bethany to physically select in anyway raffle tickets. Would anyone object if Dave done the draw on Bethany's behalf?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
jackabina said:
Guys, the response to this is awesome. Thank you. I had confirmation that we have been approved by the school to visit and record the draw so that we can post the video on here. Yippee!
I've been talking to Dave, Bethany's dad about the best way to conduct the draw. Taking into account the severity of her condition, it may be difficult for Bethany to physically select in anyway raffle tickets. Would anyone object if Dave done the draw on Bethany's behalf?

Not at all, whatever needs to be done to make things as easy for all involved is the right thing to do :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom