HI everyone need some advice

rundlc81

Youngling
first of all I'd like to introduce myself to everyone

I've come on here because recently my uncle died in a unfortunate accident which really left a hole in our life's. but he left me his starwars collection..I'm not looking to sell unless I had silly offers I'm more here so that I can see why held them for so long. and if they are definitely worth holding away..justhe general advice really.. so I reckon there's about 50 maybe more or less of the figures all in there boxes some with chips .most of the boxes are a bit stained and properly need a clean. and to my knowledge the figures are mostly the 2nd batch ...I've also got watches board games and books and all sorts all in there packages too. is it possible to send pics on here?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Sorry to hear about your loss. Yes posting photos will help, you can do it by clicking "attachments" below the text box when you post. From your description it sounds like they are probably 90s toys, which we call modern. This site is mainly for the original vintage figures, but you could try posting here for help with a valuation:

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=6

But just as a warning if it is all 90s stuff, it's probably not worth a great deal. A lot of people think anything with "Star Wars" on it is instantly valuable, and it's really not the case. But anyway photos will help.

scott82

Jedi Knight
Hi sorry to hear about your uncle. yeah you can post pictures up on your thread so you can share them with everyone, as to why he held on to them only he would know, many of us collect the toys because they hold sentimental value for us, some people collect them for financial reasons as an investment. these where often toys that we all had as kids.

rundlc81

Youngling
ty for your kind words. I shall take some pics for u all ok..there just sentimental to me to but I'm just curious to see will keep u all updated thanx

rundlc81

Youngling
always says file is to large with any photos taken.I cod send them as a email to someone here with good knowledge?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes the max file size limit is 1mb, so you can't upload straight from your camera or phone, you need to resize them first. If you don't have software like Photoshop, there are lots of sites than can do it for you like this one:

http://www.picresize.com

rundlc81

Youngling
this is some of them thereso quite a few this is not including the other stuff I have

Attachments

• rsz_20161010_145919.jpg
    rsz_20161010_145919.jpg
    737.3 KB · Views: 582

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes these figures are from the late 90s and the series is called Power of the Force 2 (or POTF2) if you want to look on eBay. Honestly they're not really worth anything, especially as they're not in good condition. Maybe a couple of quid each, so if you have 50 maybe £100 total for the lot. Worth posting photos of all of them though as you never know, you could have a couple of rare ones.

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
What do you consider to quite rare regarding POTF 2?

I have a few early stuff still, but not really kept track of what is desirable and what is not.

indianawars

Sith Lord
Carl Waterworth said:

I have a few early stuff still, but not really kept track of what is desirable and what is not.

I know there's a Luke Skywalker that POTF 2 collectors go nuts for, but I can't remember if it's because it's a long or short lightsaber?
Also a Boba Fett - Something to do with the paint app.

rundlc81

Youngling
ye like I said it's not about the money..it's just out of interest I will post more pics soon. thanx for your time

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
indianawars said:
Carl Waterworth said:

I know there's a Luke Skywalker that POTF 2 collectors go nuts for, but I can't remember if it's because it's a long or short lightsaber?
Also a Boba Fett - Something to do with the paint app.
Ah yes! Didnt boba fett have a circle or circle missing on a hand or something?

As for Luke, i think i do have the short sabre in a long sabre tray moc, is that the one? On a red tri logo card

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think one of the expensive pieces is the original Luke with a short sabre in a tray designed for a long sabre, a "transition tray". Also, Ben Kenobi with a THX leaflet is worth £50+ and some of the Boba Fett paint apps (full circles, half circles, mix, etc.) can be worth a few quid. I have recently learned that the version of the cards as seen on the Luke Bespin in the above picture are available on about 8 cards and some can be super hard to find and so worth a few quid.

Finally, some of the Freeze Frame figures are worth some money. Weequay on a US (not Canadian) Freeze Frame card is worth £50+ and the Sandtrooper is also a hard to find one. Even Boba Fett, although not hard to find on FF, regularly sell for £20+.

And that's just the figures. I believe some of the figure packs, vehicles and dioramas can sell for money too. There's some folks that frequent the Modern thread here that know about a billion times more than I do about all this, though. Post up a load of photos and they'll be along to help with anything tasty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom